Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Symbol files
Top Forums Programming Symbol files Post 20014 by jkolla on Friday 19th of April 2002 05:45:42 AM
Old 04-19-2002
Question Symbol files

How to generate the symbol file for
"C" program which will help me in
analysing the core dump.

Can any one suggest me the tools to use.

I don't whether the gcc has the option
to generate symbol file while generating
the object code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The > symbol

Hi guys, Im new to unix; I have a problem at hand. Somehow at the terminal, I lost the command prompt, instead I get a ">" symbol. Anything I type in does me no good. What do you recommend? Thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csb
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Symbol Links amongst Apache's served files, is this a security-don't?

I read somewhere that you should make sure Apache is configured to not allow symbolic links to be followed outside the webroot, as this can compromise security. I can imagine how this could lead to a security risk: eg: Is my assumption correct? -- Is it nothing more than: "its just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
0 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove degree symbol from the TXT files?

I have TXT files to process but they contain the degree symbols in them due to which the processing program fails on these files. I want a unix command that will remove the degree symbols from these files. I tried using the sed command: sed 's///g' filename but it did not work. This issue... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: khedu
14 Replies

6. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Merging multiple files with symbol representing new file

I just tried following ls *.dat|sort -t"_" -k2n,2|while read f1 && read f2; do awk '{print}' $f1 awk FNR==1'{print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,"*","*","*" }' OFS="\t" $f2 awk '{print}' $f2 donegot following result 18-Dec-1983 11:45:00 AM 18.692 84.672 0 25.4 24 18-Dec-1983 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the first and last character which is pipe symbol in all files within a folder?

with in my files i have the data like this, starting with a pipe and ending the line with a pipe. all i want is to replace the first and last pipe , remove those trying to use following sed command, but it is only showing on the screen the entire data of the file as if it removed, but when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
4 Replies
STCONV(1M)																STCONV(1M)

NAME
stconv - Utility to convert scalable type symbol set map formats SYNOPSIS
stconv infile [-hmq] [-d mapdir] [-to ACG|HPMSL|other] DESCRIPTION
Intellifont font technology has been obsoleted on HP's X Window System. Support for it will be removed in a future release. This utility will be removed at that time. The stconv utility is used to convert scalable typeface symbol set maps (.sym files) for Intellifont fonts from one symbol list numbering format to another. The installation default symbol sets map their respective symbols into appropriate HP Master Symbol List character codes (the default format provided in .ifo typeface libraries). Since it is possible, however, to use stload(1M) to generate .ifo libraries that use some other symbol list numbering (such as native Agfa Compugraphic ACG numbering), stconv provides a way to modify existing .sym files to map characters to non-MSL numbers. A symbol list assigns a unique numeric value to each individual character in the global collection of characters available from a specific typeface manufacturer. The specific numbering scheme used is usually unique to that vendor, and typically identifies hundreds or even thousands of characters. A symbol set (or character set) is generally a particular subset of characters taken from this master collection, with each character being assigned another unique code in accordance with the some specific registry/encoding scheme (such as ISO8859 Latin-1 or HP Roman-8). In this respect, the .sym files used by the HP Scalable Type subsystem are actually symbol set maps, equating all the character codes comprising a specific character set registry/encoding to the corresponding character numbers of a particular typeface vendor's symbol list. Intellifont format scalable typeface libraries are commercially available with HP Master Symbol List character numbering (HPMSL) in prod- ucts obtained from the HP MasterType Library, and with Agfa Compugraphic symbol list numbering (ACG) for products from the Agfa Typeface Library. OPTIONS
There are several command line parameters which are described below. infile Required name of the .sym file to be converted. -d mapdir Specifies the name of the directory containing the symbol list conversion map (see below). This directory should contain the file ACG-HPMSL, plus any optional additional symbol list maps. If unspecified, stconv looks for an appropriate map in /usr/lib/X11/fonts/stadmin/ifo/charsets. The file ACG-HPMSL defines the translation between Agfa Compugraphic symbol list number- ing and HP Master Symbol List numbering. -h Requests help. -m Requests that stconv list the conversion map. -q Requests that stconv should run quietly. -to format Specifies the new symbol list format. The installation-default symbol sets use HPMSL format; to generate a symbol set for native Agfa Compugraphic symbol list character codes, you should specify -to ACG. EXAMPLES
stconv -to ACG roman8.sym >acgr8.sym This reads the HPMSL symbol map roman8.sym, and writes the ACG version to acgr8.sym via stdout redirection. The new symbol map can subsequently be used to generate an HP Roman-8 font from an Agfa Typeface Library product. SYMBOL LIST CONVERSION MAPS
A symbol list conversion map defines the translation of character numbers between two different symbol lists. The map is a simple text file contain two columns of character codes: the first column is the first format's character code, the second column is the second for- mat's character code. Lines that begin with anything other than two distinct values are ignored. The name of the conversion must be the names of the two formats concantenated together with a hyphen, with care taken to insure the name before the hyphen reflects the numbering scheme used in the first column, and the name after the hyphen reflects the numbering scheme used in the second column. A single conver- sion map file is sufficient for converting a symbol list of either format into a symbol list of the opposite format. As an example, the first few lines of the file ACG-HPMSL are: # ACG-HPMSL # First column is ACG number # Second column is corresponding HPMSL number 1 86 2 81 3 74 4 80 FILES
Stconv takes input only from the specified file, and always sends output to stdout. NOTE
Stconv supports only the .sym files used for Intellifont scalable fonts, and has no application to other types of scalable fonts (such as Type 1). SEE ALSO
stlicense(1M), stmkfont(1), stmkdirs(1), stload(1M) COPYRIGHT
(c) Copyright 1990, Hewlett-Packard Company See X(1) for a full statement of rights and permissions. X Version 11 Release 5 STCONV(1M)