Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple Perl Script to Screen Display Post 20010 by Shakey21 on Friday 19th of April 2002 12:51:43 AM
Old 04-19-2002
Simple Perl Script to Screen Display

$number_clients++;

print("Creating client $number_clients\r");

I have been using the above to increment on the screen as the script increments throughout a while loop. What I would like to know is what is the trick to keep the last one on the screen without printing it again?

Ie

...Script running

Creating client 500

End of script

At the moment it runs through and just removes the last one from the screen....

Thanks in anticipation, I am sure it is a simple answer...
Shakey21

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

controlling screen display

How can I control the screen output when trying to read a large file onto the screen x number of lines at a time. I'm trying to use this is a bourne shell script. I want to display 10 lines of a file, pause the screen so that a user can read the file, and then display the next 10 lines of the file,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrdnoland1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple perl script not working

why won't below work? I am trying to see a)sipfile has username of the system. b)it will read the sipfile and do a grep function against the /etc/passwd c)it will save that output to /tmp/result.. but my script is just hanging... #!/usr/bin/perl -w open(SIPFILE, "</tmp/sipfile") ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

screen display help

Hello All, I have a file that is formatted like this 1234556 1234567 1234588 1123888 1999999 1010101 1919191 1919191.... for a total of 26000 + lines how do I get a script to read lets say 50 lines at a time and display the output to the screen in column format around 5 or 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script that adds two integers and display answer on screen

please help shell script that adds two intergers and display answer on screen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wanyac2
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to run the simple perl script

Hi Experts, I have written simple perl script, which assign the value to variable and print it. Following is the script: $ cat 3.pl #!/usr/bin/env ksh #!/usr/bin/perl print "Hello World"; $iputlne = 34; print $iputlne; The error output is: $ /usr/bin/env perl 3.pl Hello World... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hopefully a simple script, bash or perl...

I'm attempting to parse a file whose contents follow this format; 4:/eula.1028.txt: 8:/eula.1031.txt: 19:/eula.1033.txt: 23:/eula.1036.txt: 27:/eula.1040.txt: 31:/eula.1041.txt: 35:/eula.1042.txt: 39:/eula.2052.txt: 43:/eula.3082.txt: The number of lines of the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CudaPrime
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)					     MIT X11R4						  BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)

Name
       BlackPixelOfScreen, WhitePixelOfScreen, CellsOfScreen, DefaultColormapOfScreen, DefaultDepthOfScreen, DefaultGCOfScreen, DefaultVisualOf-
       Screen, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders, DisplayOfScreen, XScreenNumberOfScreen, EventMaskOfScreen, HeightOfScreen, HeightMMOfScreen, Max-
       CmapsOfScreen, MinCmapsOfScreen, PlanesOfScreen, RootWindowOfScreen, WidthOfScreen, WidthMMOfScreen - screen information functions and
       macros

Syntax
       BlackPixelOfScreen(screen)

WhitePixelOfScreen(screen)

CellsOfScreen(screen)

DefaultColormapOfScreen(screen)

DefaultDepthOfScreen(screen)

DefaultGCOfScreen(screen)

DefaultVisualOfScreen(screen)

DoesBackingStore(screen)

DoesSaveUnders(screen)

DisplayOfScreen(screen)

int XScreenNumberOfScreen(screen)
	  Screen *screen;

EventMaskOfScreen(screen)

HeightOfScreen(screen)

HeightMMOfScreen(screen)

MaxCmapsOfScreen(screen)

MinCmapsOfScreen(screen)

PlanesOfScreen(screen)

RootWindowOfScreen(screen)

WidthOfScreen(screen)

WidthMMOfScreen(screen)

Arguments
       screen	 Specifies a pointer to the appropriate structure.

Description
       The macro returns the black pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the white pixel value of the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of colormap cells in the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default colormap of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default depth of the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the default GC of the specified screen, which has the same depth as the root window of the screen.

The macro returns the default visual of the specified screen.

The macro returns or which indicate whether the screen supports backing stores.

The macro returns a Boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders.

The macro returns the display of the specified screen.

The function returns the screen index number of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root event mask of the root window for the specified screen at connection setup.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen.

The macro returns the height of the specified screen in millimeters.

The macro returns the maximum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the minimum number of installed colormaps supported by the specified screen.

The macro returns the number of planes in the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the root window of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen.

The macro returns the width of the specified screen in millimeters.

See Also
       AllPlanes(3X11), ImageByteOrder(3X11), IsCursorKey(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

BlackPixelOfScreen(3X11)