Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 7 segement LCD unix clock
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 7 segement LCD unix clock Post 200 by Astudent on Wednesday 8th of November 2000 02:42:18 PM
Old 11-08-2000
What I am trying to do is print out my time(date) line by line so if the time was 09 23 21
it would come out like(that's the first 2 lines) just to give you an idea.

- - - - -
| | | | | | | |

I've tried using a for loop that excutes 6 times one for every number, then have another for loop that executes 5 times for the number of lines, then have case statements that echo the "-" or the "|" but I can't seem to get it going. I tried using 10 case statements 0-9 but I ain't getting anywhere.

Thanks,

A

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sincronization clock unix with windows server..

hi all... how i can sincronization clock solaris server with windows server....both servers i connected in the same network... thank you.... Best Regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

2. SCO

LCD, only 22 lines?

I have a client running SCO openserver 5.0.4, character based The old 17" tube monitor died, and I replaced with an LCD monitor. I can only see 22 lines of text on-screen at a time. The LCD's have setup adjustment for scrolling up and down, but not to zoom in and out to make it fit. I swapped... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waywardfool
3 Replies

3. AIX

LCD codes on a P570

Anyone out there know what the LCD code 0569 means. I have a list of codes but 569 is not on it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clock in Unix using awk

Hey everyone! Can someone help me, i need to make a program using awk, that displays the current time (hh/mm/ss), i would really apreciate it! Thanks! Alex. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_omul
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Real time of a clock for every 60 seconds in unix

hi can any one guide me on how to display real time of a clock in unix for every 60 seconds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnadh_babu
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Webin cannot lcd

Hi all, I am using a ubuntu 9.4 server as ftps server. We have scripts that transfer files to our customers and it is scheduled by a cron job via webmin 1.510. Here is a sample of my script psftp user@hostname lcd /FolderA/Outgoing cd FolderREm mput * When I run a cron job manually the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marko75
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The UNIX clock/timer interrupt

The book The Design of the Unix Operating System speaks of a clock or timer that is used in scheduling. The clock generates interrupts that update priority information for processes and preempt processes in a round-robin fashion. It's apparent that this "clock" is not the same thing as the CPU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies
STRUCT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 STRUCT(1)

NAME
struct - structure Fortran programs SYNOPSIS
struct [ option ] ... file DESCRIPTION
Struct translates the Fortran program specified by file (standard input default) into a Ratfor program. Wherever possible, Ratfor control constructs replace the original Fortran. Statement numbers appear only where still necessary. Cosmetic changes are made, including chang- ing Hollerith strings into quoted strings and relational operators into symbols (.e.g. ".GT." into ">"). The output is appropriately indented. The following options may occur in any order. -s Input is accepted in standard format, i.e. comments are specified by a c, C, or * in column 1, and continuation lines are specified by a nonzero, nonblank character in column 6. Normally input is in the form accepted by f77(1) -i Do not turn computed goto statements into switches. (Ratfor does not turn switches back into computed goto statements.) -a Turn sequences of else ifs into a non-Ratfor switch of the form switch { case pred1: code case pred2: code case pred3: code default: code } The case predicates are tested in order; the code appropriate to only one case is executed. This generalized form of switch state- ment does not occur in Ratfor. -b Generate goto's instead of multilevel break statements. -n Generate goto's instead of multilevel next statements. -tn Make the nonzero integer n the lowest valued label in the output program (default 10). -cn Increment successive labels in the output program by the nonzero integer n (default 1). -en If n is 0 (default), place code within a loop only if it can lead to an iteration of the loop. If n is nonzero, admit a small code segments to a loop if otherwise the loop would have exits to several places including the segment, and the segment can be reached only from the loop. `Small' is close to, but not equal to, the number of statements in the code segment. Values of n under 10 are suggested. FILES
/tmp/struct* /usr/libexec/struct/* SEE ALSO
f77(1) BUGS
Struct knows Fortran 66 syntax, but not full Fortran 77. If an input Fortran program contains identifiers which are reserved words in Ratfor, the structured version of the program will not be a valid Ratfor program. The labels generated cannot go above 32767. If you get a goto without a target, try -e . 7th Edition October 22, 1996 STRUCT(1)