Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check directory space?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check directory space? Post 19977 by lesstjm on Thursday 18th of April 2002 03:42:11 PM
Old 04-18-2002
Question Check directory space?

Is there some command I can use to check to see if there is 2 Gig of space available in a directory before I created a 2 Gig file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check space !!!

The have written the below script :- ============================ SPACE=`bdf /DATA_TRANSFER|awk '{print $4}' |grep "%"` TEST="96%" if then echo "Continue ....." sleep 2 else echo " Current space for DATA_TRANSFER is less than 02 %" echo " Pls clear space and than continue ....."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HDD free space check

Hi, I need to add a condition in a script. The script is executed only if there is free 8 Gigas space. I know if then fi I don't know how to write the condition on free space Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disk space check

Hi, I have a question regarding finding free space on the disk of a solaris machine. Many mount points are available in my machine. Right now i am using df -b option to get the free disk space available. I have an assignment to check free space on the disk. I pass the directory as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
6 Replies

4. Programming

C++: how to check my directory disk space

I have a directory, and I write some files in to that. How to throw the error exception when my directory is full. i.e. there is no disk space (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check disk space

Hi All, pls go thru the below code and help me. when i check "df -k" in my solaris system .. it will show like below.. fd 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 20171281 2319266 17650303 12% /var /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 10085260 443854... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if line has a space

Hi, I want to check if the given line from a text file has a spaces in between. if it does, then I want to add '"' double quotes at the beginning and end of the line. Otherwise leave the line as it is. For example, below is the sample content from my file. $cat file.txt test1 test2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
6 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Looking to check disk space

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to check the disk space and if any portion disk space usage high then write to one file, later will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jasminshakoor
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check disk space

I am trying a script which will alert if disk space crosses some threshold, i googled it and got some scripts already, but they are not working with my server. The problem is, my filesystem names are big, so the sizes are moving to the second line. just like below any ideas? thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the mount space

Hi, When i check the cifs = cifs i could get two dupliates of cifs present in unix. so the system couldnt check. could you please let me know how to make the change code to find out the unique one in the line 6. 1NTBD="/ft/sv/ss" 2check_ntfs() 3{ 4 # Check that the necessary NT areas are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keerthi2016
1 Replies
fsck_cachefs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  fsck_cachefs(1M)

NAME
fsck_cachefs - check integrity of data cached with CacheFS SYNOPSIS
fsck -F cachefs [-m] [-o noclean] cache_directory DESCRIPTION
The CacheFS version of the fsck command checks the integrity of a cache directory.This utility corrects any CacheFS problems it finds by default. There is no interactive mode. The most likely invocation of fsck for CacheFS file systems is at boot time from an entry in the /etc/vfstab file. See vfstab(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Check, but do not repair. -o noclean Force a check on the cache even if there is no reason to suspect there is a problem. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using fsck_cachefs to Force a Check on the Cache Directory The following example forces a check on the cache directory /cache3: example% fsck -F cachefs -o noclean /cache3 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfsadmin(1M), fsck(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), vfstab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2002 fsck_cachefs(1M)