Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: my fbsd gateway
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers my fbsd gateway Post 19975 by Stormpie on Thursday 18th of April 2002 02:48:13 PM
Old 04-18-2002
my fbsd gateway

hi

i got a problem. I use a fbsd box to share my (DSL)internet connection.
I got 2 networkcards in my fbsd box, but my networkcard 1 (to my modem) always go out. the led don't burn anymore and I lose my connection to the internet Smilie

but my networkcard2 (to my local network) doesn't go out, it just works fine.

anyone knows what my problem is?

greetings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Media 8738 chipset for FBSD 4.4

HI i'm compiling my kernel with the support of this chipset. In FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.3 I got no problem with the kernel, but with 4.4 I just can't get the kernel compiled with the soundcard support. i added this to my kernel device pcm device snd something wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormpie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fBSD nat ipfw

i am running nat on my freeBSD and web/ftp server. The rule allow ip from any to any must always be? or how? if i accept all packets to go on my ep0 which diverts all to my intranet it doesnt help, must the rule allow ip from any to any always be ? even if many rules are between divert rule and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hachik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Color konsole in FBSD 4.6

FBSD 4.6 How do I colorize my konsole to see directories etc. Am able to get color in the shell with ls -GF in my .bashrc. But color does not show in KDE3 Konsole (Xwindows) for some reason.FBSD 4.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lancest
1 Replies

4. BSD

Casio CASSIOPEA BE-300 & fBSD

I just don't know how do I have to connect them... Connecting via USB, if some body knows, please post here... Thankue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PomaH 6yxDAK
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

gateway

Hi, in which file and how shuold be decalred a gateway and its IP adresse ? Where and how add a gateway ? Many thanks before. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FBSD jail question

I'm trying to establish a jail on a FBSD 6.1 system and have a couple of questions on bringing up the daemon. Under the jail man page there are two user flags that I am unclear on, -u username The user name from host environment as whom the command should run. -U... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

7. AIX

gateway

Dear folks, How can delete the gateway from smitty or by command, Because I have 2 gatway in the system and I tried to delete by smitty it gave me failed command (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Gateway

Hi all, Just now i had change the gateway for a server Go to /etc/defaultrouter, change to 10.86.33.1 route delete default 10.86.39.222 route add default 10.86.33.1 now cannot telnet to the server already.. any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
5 Replies

9. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
ost::IPV6Host(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  ost::IPV6Host(3)

NAME
ost::IPV6Host - This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. SYNOPSIS
#include <address.h> Inherits ost::IPV6Address. Public Member Functions IPV6Host (const char *host=NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. IPV6Host (struct in6_addr addr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. IPV6Host & operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. Friends class __EXPORT IPV6Mask __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com Address of a specific Internet host machine. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (const char *host = NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. The internet host can be specified in a null terminated ASCII string and include either the physical host address or the DNS name of a host machine. Hence, an IPV6Host ('www.voxilla.org') can be directly declaired in this manner. Defaults to the IP address that represents the interface matching 'gethostname()'. Parameters: host dns or physical address of an Internet host. ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (struct in6_addraddr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. Parameters: addr binary address of internet host. Member Function Documentation IPV6Host& ost::IPV6Host::operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. This is commonly used to coerce an address by subnet. Friends And Related Function Documentation friend class __EXPORT IPV6Mask [friend] __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) [friend] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::IPV6Host(3)