Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers accessing the informix database Post 19962 by shibz on Thursday 18th of April 2002 11:14:48 AM
Old 04-18-2002
Hi,

Check this out..

#$INFORMIXDIR/bin/isql :-takes u to the querry building
#$INFORMIXDIR/bin/dbaccess : for database access.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to figure out the size in MB for an informix database

This is the info i have so far. please if you are dead positive can u let me know if i my math/process is correct. Chunks address chk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathname 5003e1f8 1 1 0 250000 177177 PO- /database/link_cw_p01_rootdbs 5003e494 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Informix server

Hi, Just installed solaris Does anyone know where I can download Informix server for Unix thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Informix

Hi there thanks for checking in. Would you know where i should go to find a Informix tutorial In html. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nemex
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

offset - informix chunk

Hello all, I am trying to add chunks to my informix dataspace. I have one dataspace ( the rootdbs ) and the new chunk is a raw device. Precisely slice1 on my new external harddisk. The question is, what should be the offset value. The document says, the offset is used by the engine to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

5. SCO

Media for Informix 4.1

HI ! I NEED A MEDIA TO INSTALLING INFORMIX 4.1 IN SCO UNIX. OUR MEDIA ARE LOST AND THE SERVER IS GOING BAD ! HELP ME PLEASE ! THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomribeiro
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix command to find the version of Informix database

Hi All Please let me know if there is command to check the version of the informix database installed..? Thanks in advance. Suresh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Scripts for Informix

Hello, I want to write a ksh script to connect to a remote Informix DB and insert rows. I understand from the various threads that isql is the most popular choice and that it can be done. I'm new to both scripting and Informix and have some questions - 1) Does isql have listener/ tnsnames files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zcanji
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Debian - Connect To Informix Database

Can anyone point me toward information on setting up a Debian server ODBC connection to an Informix server? I have a Windows server set up with the Informix drivers in ODBC and I'd like to do the same thing on Debian so that my Rails apps can query the database beneath our call-logging software. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badmoon75
1 Replies

9. Programming

Column update using Informix

Hi, I am using INFORMIX 8 and trying to update column value by apending '09' to existing record . update sample_data_table set Name = Name||22 where id = 90 and state = NY This worked fine in oracle Database,But throwing error in informix . I need output as Ravi22 for Ravi record in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
0 Replies

10. Linux

Problem in accessing Oracle Database Server from Linux Machine

I am facing a strange issue in connecting to Oracle database from Linux Machine - The connectivity is not failing all the time , the failure to success ratio is 1:70. - Error "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist" - Majority of the time the connection... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji kumar
6 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)