Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: firewall for unix systems
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory firewall for unix systems Post 19916 by auswipe on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 11:33:20 PM
Old 04-18-2002
Take a gander at ip or ipf.

I use ipf with OpenBSD 2.9 and I am quite happy with the ease of configuration and performance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Firewall in SCO unix 5.0.4

I am using SCO unix 5.0.4 is there any possibility to create firewall in this? scondly how to connect it to internet i mean thru ppp connection what is command a or dialer actually i m getting confused sometimes ppp dials but disconnects ? pl help me from scratch (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheerkhan
0 Replies

3. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

MRTG in Unix Systems

Hi, I need help to discovery the correct MIB to monitoring CPU, Memory and Hard Disc in Unix. I get any MIB in the internet, but donīt work. Anybody help-me? Thanks. Marcio Dunder Perin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunder
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure Firewall in unix from shell script

plz help me, i need to configure my firewall with using shell script, i am using unix fedora 9. thanks ppl. replys would be great. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: king_jon85
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Disable FIREWALL in UNIX

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX Admin and i am trying to do one software installation. During installation process, i need to disable the existing firewall settings. I am not much aware about the UNIX Firewall settings. Can any one help me to find out whether the firewall is ON or not. If it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix Operating Systems 5

Hi :) I have unix Operating Systems 5 I need working for user logout befor 10 minutes,In the case that he is not active :o what do I do? :rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakhwork
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Firewall on UNIX

I was given this assignment and part of it was to mention firewalls available on UNIX(ex. solaris) and Linux plaforms. First I would like to ask what is the difference between Unix and Linux. And also can please tell me firewalls are available on these platforms? Thank you before hand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisd
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix firewall

our WBM is not working so I cannot enter firewall entries so I would like to know how to do it using unix commands after I have logged in via telnet:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kool
4 Replies
ipfs(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  ipfs(1M)

NAME
ipfs - saves and restores information for NAT and state tables SYNOPSIS
ipfs [-nv] -l ipfs [-nv] -u ipfs [-nv] [-d dirname] -R ipfs [-nv] [-d dirname] -W ipfs [-nNSv] [-f filename] -r ipfs [-nNSv] [-f filename] -w ipfs [-nNSv] -f filename -i <if1>,<if2> DESCRIPTION
The ipfs utility enables the saving of state information across reboots. Specifically, the utility allows state information created for NAT entries and rules using "keep state" to be locked (modification prevented) and then saved to disk. Then, after a reboot, that information is restored. The result of this state-saving is that connections are not interrupted. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Change the default directory used with -R and -W options for saving state information. -n Do not take any action that would affect information stored in the kernel or on disk. -v Provides a verbose description of ipfs activities. -N Operate on NAT information. -S Operate on filtering state information. -u Unlock state tables in the kernel. -l Lock state tables in the kernel. -r Read information in from the specified file and load it into the kernel. This requires the state tables to have already been locked and does not change the lock once complete. -w Write information out to the specified file and from the kernel. This requires the state tables to have already been locked and does not change the lock once complete. -R Restores all saved state information, if any, from two files, ipstate.ipf and ipnat.ipf, stored in the /var/db/ipf directory. This directory can be changed with the -d option. The state tables are locked at the beginning of this operation and unlocked once complete. -W Saves in-kernel state information, if any, out to two files, ipstate.ipf and ipnat.ipf, stored in the /var/db/ipf directory. This directory can be changed with the -d option. The state tables are locked at the beginning of this operation and unlocked once complete. FILES
o /var/db/ipf/ipstate.ipf o /var/db/ipf/ipnat.ipf o /dev/ipl o /dev/ipstate o /dev/ipnat ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipfu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipf(1M), ipmon(1M), ipnat(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
To view license terms, attribution, and copyright for IP Filter, the default path is /usr/lib/ipf/IPFILTER.LICENCE. If the Solaris operat- ing environment has been installed anywhere other than the default, modify the given path to access the file at the installed location. DIAGNOSTICS
Arguably, the -W and -R operations should set the locking and, rather than undo it, restore it to what it was previously. Fragment table information is currently not saved. SunOS 5.10 1 Oct 2003 ipfs(1M)