Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FreeBSD 4.4 Uninstalling KDE or GNOME Post 19831 by LivinFree on Wednesday 17th of April 2002 05:05:58 AM
Old 04-17-2002
If you're getting a lot of segmentation faults, it may be more than the WMs... KDE and Gnome should not affect each other, since only one should be running at any given time.
I have had a serious problem in the past with random jobs seg-faulting that was caused by faulty memory. I wasn't affected that much by using the command line (lynx, slrn, mail, etc...), but opening X would use a sufficient amount of my memory to hit the dodgy chip...

How old is this machine?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE & Gnome, wat is the difference?

i have been reading some atticles but i still do not understand the diferrence btw KDE & Gnome. Someone once told me he prefers Gnome to KDE 'coz of it's audio support & Redhat says ver 7.3 has KDE 3.0 & Gnome 1.4. So could someone explain? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: da_gee
2 Replies

2. BSD

FreeBSD / KDE installation woes...

Forgive the newbie question. I've been trying to install FreeBSD 5.4 on a new AMD64 based box at work today, and I started running into problems. Maybe some background is appropriate? Here goes... I've finished the first stage of development of a model in C++ which simulates airflow through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ForestryJim
1 Replies

3. Linux

Help:- Just clean installed OpenSUse10 with Gnome, now want KDE

I've just done a brand new full clean install of OPenSUSE 10 and thought I'd take a look at Gnome. Having spent a day playing with it I've decided I prefer the familiarity I have with KDE. How do I now install KDE? I've tried logging off to log back on with a different envionnment but KDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Actively merge kde 3.x and gnome 2.x menus

ok, here's the scoop, google has similar, but nothing that quite fits the bill. here is what I'm up against: i have a linux system that is running both kde 3.x and gnome 2.x, selectable via gdm. the kde 3.x app menu is heavily modified and i'm looking for a way to import that over to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macphail
0 Replies

5. Linux

[FC17 x86_64]KDE/Gnome switch

Hi, I've got a Fedora 17 x64 with KDE already running. I want to switch to Gnome, which is installed. How can I do that? Cheers, Chrisdot (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies
CREATE_MAKEFILES()														CREATE_MAKEFILES()

NAME
create_makefiles - Recreates all Makefiles beneath a directory SYNOPSIS
create_makefiles [dir] DESCRIPTION
create_makefiles recreates all Makefiles in dir and its (recursed) subdirectories from the corresponding Makefile.am templates. This script must be run from the toplevel directory (the one containing configure). This script saves time compared to re-running configure completely. If the source directory is different from the build directory (see the environment variables below), it will be assumed that each Makefile.am and Makefile.in belongs beneath the source directory and that each Makefile belongs beneath the build directory. This utility is part of the KDE Software Development Kit. ENVIRONMENT
One of the following variables (but not both) should be set if the source directory is different from the build directory. If the build directory is simply a subdirectory of the source directory, the simpler variable OBJ_SUBDIR should be used. OBJ_SUBJDIR Indicates that the build directory is in the given subdirectory of the source directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk and the build directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_SUBDIR should be set to obj-i386-linux. OBJ_REPLACEMENT A sed expression that is used to transform the source directory into the build directory. For instance, if the source directory is kdesdk/obj-i386-linux, then OBJ_REPLACEMENT should be set to s#kdesdk#kdesdk-obj#. SEE ALSO
create_makefile(1) make(2) AUTHORS
create_makefiles was written by David Faure<faure@kde.org>. This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton<bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). CREATE_MAKEFILES()