Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system adminstration
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers system adminstration Post 198 by PxT on Wednesday 8th of November 2000 12:47:52 PM
Old 11-08-2000
Try:

http://www.ugu.com/sui/ugu/show?tip.today

It has a new 'tip' for Unix admins each day. You can also subscribe so that they are delivered via email each day.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

nfs/nis - microsoft services for UNIX adminstration

hello, I am using "microsoft services for UNIX adminstration" as an nfs/nis client in order to connect to a remote NFS folder with NIS authentication nfs mount seems to fail on the authentication stage. I get the login box from the client, but any (NIS mapped) loging seems to reject me.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynoatan99
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

User Adminstration

hello everybody i got a problem in user administration i am maintaining ldap server where i got diffrent ou in my ldap server when i am adding a user in it i am not able provide the detail of a user like address phone no in my directory server . if any body know it please let me know apart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinder singh
0 Replies

4. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

7. Solaris

System hangs (freezes) on system bell/beep

I am running OpenIndiana development version oi_148 32-bit on a seven-year-old Dell Inspiron 8600. Seems to be running fine except for one particular annoyance: It freezes whenever a system bell/beep plays. I have mitigated this by turning the system bell off in gnome-terminal, which I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeadBadger
3 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)