Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: aix-oracle
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users aix-oracle Post 19726 by varadakumar on Tuesday 16th of April 2002 07:49:47 AM
Old 04-16-2002
Question aix-oracle

what is the reason oracle is giving ora-600 space leak error?
how to rectify this error?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle and AIX

Hi @all Who's able to help me? I've a running Oracle DB on AIX 4.3.3. You've also an Oracle Client running for this. So however, how it's possible, that I can see the CURRENT VERSION of my Oracle CLIENT. I've tried several things, but it doesn't work. Thanks a lot! Regards Oliver :( :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olli2002
4 Replies

2. AIX

oracle 9i on AIX 5.2

Hello, mornig can you help me whit this error: "Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run" and i can't start the installation of ORACLE 9i... see you later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joseantoniohv
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 6.1 and Oracle 9.2.0

Hi All, I need to update some AIX servers from 5.2 to 5.3 OR 6.1 . The management is pressing for 6.1, but on our systems runs Oracle 9.2.0 . I couldn't find any clear warning about the possibility of compatibility issues between AIX 6.1 and Oracle 9.2.0 but, on the other hand, I couldn't find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padawan75
0 Replies

4. AIX

Aix, Oracle and Java

Hello Im trying to install oracle on my AIX 5.3 server. Im doing all things right as Oracle says... When im trying to run the instalation it gives me an error about JRE. But i already have JRE installed as you can see... Someone can help me or guide me? Im new in with this.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfca
1 Replies

5. AIX

oracle 10g on AIX 5

hi can anyone help me by telling step by stem oracle10g installation in AIX 5 . Munir mondolsoft Bangladesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbamunir
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX to Windows Oracle DB

Dear All, I have a requirement where there are applicaions installed in Unix machine that has to update a set of Oracle data base installed in Windows machine, the question I have here is, which protocol alows Unix application to interact with Database in Windows env. and do we require some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prav_06
2 Replies

7. AIX

Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on AIX 5300-07

Seek help from all of the experts here. Database Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 run on AIX 5300-07. The system is running so slow that sometime 1 click of changing screen will take more than 5 minutes. The hardware in this LPAR is 6CPUs, 21GB-RAM, 42GB-Paging and run on p570 server POWER 5+. And the vmo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle RAC on AIX

I am setting this up on 5.3 and the problem is I cannot remember how to allocate two IP addresses to a NIC. I have setup an alias on EN0 but when I list it with ifconfig -a it still only shows 1 network address (after a reboot). I know there is something I must do but for the life of me cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix 61 and oracle 11

Hi, we need to upgrade from aix 5.3 oracle 9 to aix 6.1 oracle 11. Our base interest is on vmo and disk setup On aix 5.3 we change lru_file_repage to 0. We split disk layout ( emc cx4 ) to tree volume groups: - one for data base files ( one filesystem over two lun/hdiskpower, block size... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prebila
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX and Oracle

Hello All, I was approached by DBAs, and they want me to create a large_page on AIX and also change oracle file systems to CIO. They are complaining the system is taking longer time for processing and we are unnecessary wasting memory and CPU for file system cache. To do that I have to change... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
12 Replies
omega(6)							   Games Manual 							  omega(6)

NAME
omega - a hack-style game with quests. SYNOPSIS
omega [save file] DESCRIPTION
omega is a complex rogue-style game of dungeon exploration. Unlike other such games, there are a number of ways to "win", depending on various actions taken during play. The ways you can get your name on the hiscore board include becoming the highest ranked head of a guild, sect, college, etc., as well as gaining the most points figured from possessions and experience. The game (via the oracle) may impose some structure on your exploration, but you need not follow all of the oracle's advice. There *is* a "total winner" status, by the way. If the save file is not specified, omega gives the player the choice of generating a random character, or playing themselves, doing a short quiz to determine an approximation of their abilities. If the save file is given, omega will restore that save file, and if successful, the save file is deleted. Note that some installations of omega compress the save file, using either compress(1) or gzip(1) - if this is the case, and you have a save file that is uncompressed (such files are generated by omega if it receives a signal during play, for exam- ple), you can compress it (with compress(1) or gzip(1)) and remove the .Z or .gz extension. Alternatively, you may simply run with the uncompressed save file - this will not affect the game in any way, but takes more disk space between games. omega offers a richness of playing detail that goes beyond a simple game like rogue. However, the majority of gameplay is very similar to rogue, hack, ultrarogue, larn, and other such games. The player is represented by the highlighted "@" symbol, objects and terrain features are represented by non-alphabetic symbols, monsters are represented by the various upper and lower case letters, and other humans are rep- resented by a non-highlighted "@". omega currently consists of a countryside in which are sited a city, various villages, several dungeons, and some "special" sites, such as the temples of the various priesthoods. The game starts in the city of Rampart, where all the guilds have headquarters. As a dungeon is explored, all generated levels are saved in memory. However, only one dungeon is "remembered" at a time, so if you enter two dungeons, the first will be forgotten (it will be regenerated should you wish to enter it again). However, if a dungeon is "completed", this fact will be remembered, basically meaning that the unique monster at the bottom will not be regenerated if you've killed it already. SEE ALSO
compress(1), gzip(1), nethack(6) AUTHOR
Laurence Brothers omega(6)