Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix on Mac
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix on Mac Post 19667 by dani++ on Monday 15th of April 2002 11:55:42 AM
Old 04-15-2002
Also, you can do a search on versiontracker (http://www.versiontracker.com) for a 'telnet' program (if you are running OS9, otherwise just use 'Terminal').

Dani++

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Mac OS X & Unix.

Are the Terminal commands used in Mac OS 10.1.3 the same as those found on a real Unix system? if they are, what book would you recommend as a terminal refferance guide? I already have 'The Missing Manual' by O'Reilly, but there ain't much in terms of managing the system via the terminal :( ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAdesign
9 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

unix flavour on mac

I'm quite interested in resusing an old bondi iMac i have as a unix box, and i was wondering what distro people would recomend. I had thought of using BSD/FreeBSD cos thats what osx is based on. I'm doing this as a teaching excercise (for myself) so i'm looking for something achievable rather than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ora
9 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

mac unix

Can anyone tell me were to download unix software for Mac OS X (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezadea
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac unix

hi, i'm running mac 10.5, and i have a file eg. program after i compiled on the terminal using this command; cc -o program program.c however, i'm unable to see the process hierachy for that program. i tried using "ps -C program -l --forest" and unable to see the tree structure. need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grotesque
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X & UNIX

I just joined the Forum a few days ago! :) I have a mac book and decided to look under the hood. Low and behold, UNIX! To be honest, I know nothing about unix, but I want to learn. I have no real goals as of yet, other than to learn what I can. I do own a few domains hosted by a good company. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fellojello
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Unix on a Mac OS X

Hi. I'm using a Mac computer to perform all my Unix operations. At the moment, I'm employing osascript to interact between windows and don't know whether the same is possible to do it on a BASH shell without calling osascript. If so, I would like to see an example of how to do it. Many thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hresquivelo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix on mac

Hello, I formated my hard disk and i recovered some videos, but the thing is the videos were in .MOV format and now there are just UNIX executable files, i tried to write at the end of the name the extension but quicktime didn't recognize me the videos, somebody can help me with this problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arielorc
1 Replies
Pod::Simple::Debug(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::Simple::Debug(3)

NAME
Pod::Simple::Debug -- put Pod::Simple into trace/debug mode SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Simple::Debug (5); # or some integer Or: my $debuglevel; use Pod::Simple::Debug ($debuglevel, 0); ...some stuff that uses Pod::Simple to do stuff, but which you don't want debug output from... $debug_level = 4; ...some stuff that uses Pod::Simple to do stuff, but which you DO want debug output from... $debug_level = 0; DESCRIPTION
This is an internal module for controlling the debug level (a.k.a. trace level) of Pod::Simple. This is of interest only to Pod::Simple developers. CAVEATS
Note that you should load this module before loading Pod::Simple (or any Pod::Simple-based class). If you try loading Pod::Simple::Debug after &Pod::Simple::DEBUG is already defined, Pod::Simple::Debug will throw a fatal error to the effect that "it's s too late to call Pod::Simple::Debug". Note that the "use Pod::Simple::Debug ($x, somenum)" mode will make Pod::Simple (et al) run rather slower, since &Pod::Simple::DEBUG won't be a constant sub anymore, and so Pod::Simple (et al) won't compile with constant-folding. GUTS
Doing this: use Pod::Simple::Debug (5); # or some integer is basically equivalent to: BEGIN { sub Pod::Simple::DEBUG () {5} } # or some integer use Pod::Simple (); And this: use Pod::Simple::Debug ($debug_level,0); # or some integer is basically equivalent to this: my $debug_level; BEGIN { $debug_level = 0 } BEGIN { sub Pod::Simple::DEBUG () { $debug_level } use Pod::Simple (); SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple The article "Constants in Perl", in The Perl Journal issue 21. See <http://interglacial.com/tpj/21/> SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, <https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.16.3 2013-05-03 Pod::Simple::Debug(3)