Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Killing idle user processes
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Killing idle user processes Post 19553 by bmacdonald on Friday 12th of April 2002 01:10:45 PM
Old 04-12-2002
Look at your sqlnet settings.
On the database you can look @ open transactions, as long as the user your trying to kill has no open transaction kill him/her at the os level.

kill -9 osspid

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Killing Idle session

does any one know how to kill an idle session? I want to kill any idle sessions after 30 min... Local or remote.... i want to do this without a script or TCP wrappers...i want to know if there is a file that i can configure..... ThAnks:rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: securhack
4 Replies

2. Solaris

killing all processes for an user

how can I kill all the processes belonging to an user. I need it because I can't see a process initiated by a user and thus unable to kill it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for killing idle users

I need a script that will look for idle users and kill there proc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing cascade processes

Hi everybody!! I've got a problem. I have a loop like this: while true; do some_work sleep 10m done It's possible to kill the main loop process and kill all childs from it? I want to kill main process and kill the sleep also. I tried kill -9 <loop_pid> with no result ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need a scipt to email users with idle processes!?

hello, i am VERY new to this whole script world. I need to come up with a script that will email a user if they have an idle process past 500 minutes...any suggestions??? Thanks so much. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheppy28
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing idle users TIA

I wrote a script to kill users idle more than 1/2 hour, ignoring those in an exception list. Here is the script as it is now: #! /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { system("who -u | sort +5 > /tmp/loginfile"); system("echo User Sessions Killed > /tmp/killedlogins"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaBear
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Processes - Killing hung processes

Is there a way to monitor certain processes and if they hang too long to kill them, but certain scripts which are expected to take a long time to let them go? Thank you Richard (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

killing all child processes

Hi, Is there a way I can kill all the child processes of a process, given its process id. Many thanks in advance. J. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: superuser84
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill idle script is killing unnecessarly

Hi All,I have a problem with my kill idle script.my script is supposed to kill the user sessions which are idle for more than 2 hours.But is is killing the sessions which are idle for less than 2 hrs also.I dont know the exact time after which the script is killing,but it is less than 2 hours i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies
killall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       killall(1M)

NAME
killall - kill all active processes SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/killall [signal] DESCRIPTION
killall is used by shutdown(1M) to kill all active processes not directly related to the shutdown procedure. killall terminates all processes with open files so that the mounted file systems will be unbusied and can be unmounted. killall sends signal (see kill(1)) to the active processes. If no signal is specified, a default of 15 is used. The killall command can be run only by the super-user. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kill(1), ps(1), fuser(1M), shutdown(1M), signal(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 killall(1M)