Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port 111
Special Forums Cybersecurity port 111 Post 19498 by Stormpie on Thursday 11th of April 2002 08:50:01 PM
Old 04-11-2002
port 111

hi

if i do a portscan on my fbsd box, i got one port that i don't want to see it open
that's port 111, sunrpc, how can i close it?
and also my-sql port 1433 and port 1523 (cichild-lm)

tnx for your help!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

111.22.31.123:1554, port 1554 defined where?

hi, given this 111.22.31.123:1554, isnt this 1554 defined in /etc/services? i am on aix. and this 1554 is a port? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sparc11 or 111?

How can I check the architecture version on a sun box? So far I've tried; arch -k which gives sun4u and uname -a which gives SunOS <hostname> 5.8 Generic_108528-22 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 but nothing which definitively states sparc11 or 111 - any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
XvGrabPort(3)							  libXv Functions						     XvGrabPort(3)

NAME
XvGrabPort - lock port for exclusive use by client SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvGrabPort(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Time time); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. port Defines the port to be grabbed. time Specifies the request timestamp. DESCRIPTION
XvGrabPort(3) grabs a port. Once a client grabs a port, only that client can make video requests to that port. If the time is before the current port time, the XvGrabPort request is ignored and XvInvalidTime is returned. If the port is already grabbed by another client, XvAlreadyGrabbed is returned. Otherwise it returns a status of Success. The port time is updated when the fol- lowing requests are processed: XvGrabPort(3), XvUngrabPort(3), XvPutVideo(3), XvPutStill(3), XvGetVideo(3), XvGetStill(3). If the port is actively processing video for another client, the video is preempted, and an XvVideoNotify event with detail XvPreempted is generated for its drawable. RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvGrabPort(3) completed successfully. [XvInvalidTime] Returned if requested time is older than the current port time. [XvAlreadyGrabbed] Returned if the port is already grabbed by another client. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvGrabPort(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[XvBadPort] Generated if the requested port does not exist. SEE ALSO
XvUngrabPort(3), XvVideoNotify(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvGrabPort(3)