Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting a boot device alias on Sun hardware Post 19495 by 98_1LE on Thursday 11th of April 2002 05:47:53 PM
Old 04-11-2002
Thank you very much! Where did you find that on Sunsolve?
-Chuck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing boot device on a Sun box

I need to change the boot slice on a Sun box, more specifically the alias of "disk". When I do a printenv from the ok prompt, it lists "boot-device disk net", but when it boots, it is looking at the wrong slice on "disk" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting constant hardware settings

Let me give a little background on the problem. I am trying to hook up a unix box through a KVM to a display. The KVM is connected to a windows box as well. When I run the mouse and monitor directly to the unix box it works pretty well. However when I trie to load it through the KVM the keyboard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winzernotman
0 Replies

3. Solaris

cannot find boot device and won't boot off cdrom

I'm running solaris 2.5.1. My main development server is DEAD, i can't even boot off the cdrom, it powers up, acts like it is starting the boot process but then says cannot find boot device. I've done the search here on this site and saw the other posts, but at the ok prompt it won't even let me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Setting an alias in Redhat

Hi Everyone, I am trying to set up alias the only way I now how, buy making entry into .bashrc file. The entry I made is alias ll='ls -lrt' It is not working as I expect. When I enter "alias" at the command line I get the following. $ alias alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Alias setting in Solaris

Hi All, I need some information on 'Alias' setting in SUN SOLARIS.:confused: Q1. I want to know how can i set my alias here. Q2. How to view all set 'ALIAS' for me. (say /home/jdash user) Q3. Can i modify the set 'Alias' for me or for whole environment. Q4. Is Alias setting can be change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdash.ps
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting alias for a user - Linux ubuntu

Hi i have a user "SYSTEM" i want to set the below command in his .profile for an alias: who | awk '{print $1}'| sed '/SYSTEM/d' | sed '/root/d' |xargs -i pkill -u {} i tried as below: alias stop = " who | awk '{print $1}'| sed '/SYSTEM/d' | sed '/root/d' |xargs -i pkill -u {}" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joycesolomon
3 Replies

7. Boot Loaders

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key

Hello, I have kubuntu on my laptop and now I decided to switch to Windows 7. I made the bios settings properly (first choice is boot from cd\vd) but I see the error " reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in select Boot device and press a key " I have tried CD and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting alias with echoing embedded $ sign

I tried to set up some alias in my .profile to save typing. One of the alais i tried to set up is alais test='echo 123$acct54679abc' But when I typed in test in the command line. The echo only dispaly 123 and truncated all the string starting from the $ sign. Is there any way to display the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oht
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias setting

I want to set an alias to connect to sqlplus and also run a command while it it logs in. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting alias (quotes, acutes)

Hello, I'd like to have an alias to view some processes sorted: I have:ps -ef | grep pmon | awk -F" " '{ print $8" "$0 }' | sort | cut -d" " -f2- | grep -v "grep pmon" It doesn't work, however, if I put it as alias because on acutes insize awk:alias pmon='ps -ef | grep pmon | awk -F" " '{ print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackK
4 Replies
nfsiostat(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      nfsiostat(8)

NAME
nfsiostat - Emulate iostat for NFS mount points using /proc/self/mountstats SYNOPSIS
nfsiostat [[<interval>] [<count>]] [<options>][<mount_point>] DESCRIPTION
The nfsiostat command displays NFS client per-mount statisitics. <interval> specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since each file sys- tem was mounted. Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. <count> If the <count> parameter is specified, the value of <count> determines the number of reports generated at <interval> seconds apart. if the interval parameter is specified without the <count> parameter, the command generates reports continuously. <options> Define below <mount_point> If one or more <mount point> names are specified, statistics for only these mount points will be displayed. Otherwise, all NFS mount points on the client are listed. OPTIONS
-a or --attr displays statistics related to the attribute cache -d or --dir displays statistics related to directory operations -h or --help shows help message and exit -l LIST or --list=LIST only print stats for first LIST mount points -p or --page displays statistics related to the page cache -s or --sort Sort NFS mount points by ops/second --version show program's version number and exit FILES
/proc/self/mountstats SEE ALSO
iostat(8), mountstats(8), nfsstat(8) AUTHOR
Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@oracle.com> 15 Apr 2010 nfsiostat(8)