Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory terminal/port (serial) lock up mystery! SCO 5.0 Post 19489 by PatMcCoy on Thursday 11th of April 2002 05:23:52 PM
Old 04-11-2002
hmmmmm....Insightful.....I've actually been in contact with the vendor that originally set up the system here for us, and one of the things that was suggested was to make sure that there were no cables hooked to any of the c-con's that didn't have anything on the other end of them. Apparently, the cables can function as antennae(?) or cause a problem where the c-con believes there are devices connected, but there are not.....Hope this helps! Please let me know if you find any kind of resolve, as you would be my personal hero! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Telling apart serial from // port

I'm writing a journal_write() function and I want it to: - be a possible drop in replacement for write() - write entries to the journal ;-) Could be a regular file (journal.txt), a serial printer or a // printer. - handle printer status if needed. fstat() tells weather or not we're dealing with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starless
2 Replies

2. Solaris

serial port signal

hi i am using solaris 9 on sparc . i was wondering if there was a command to control my serial interface , as to send a signal periodically every interval of time to the input of a 555 timer . thanks for your help .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read lock terminal values in solaris

Hi all I am using sun solaris 5.8. I wanna know where the value stored if we lock/unlock the terminal and how i can read and use it to my script. I am helpless . So plzzzzzz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajarora_12
0 Replies

4. Linux

urgent......Serial port

I think my serial port(on board) is not working ...... because when I am running same code on two machines its working good....but when my system comes into picture ....it doesnt show any output comming from serial port.......... can anybody tell me how to configure my serial port.........or to... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
16 Replies

5. SCO

Serial port configuration

Hi I have just re-installed Compaq ML350 G2 Server with Unix SCO 5.0.5 and informix DBMS . on this server we have 2 serial ports , unfortunately its not working. Can anyone help me to check the serial ports working or not OR guide me to reconfigure it. I have attached a device with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munirh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Not able to lock the port

Hi, I am working with Sun-Solaris 9 and in our application I need to connect the UPS with Serial port,after that I need to monitor it..but before stating communication,It should lock that port,To check it,first i am trying to make sure the lock directory exists and I am able to find it(/var/lock)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with serial port

Hi, I have a external board connected to my serial port. I need to execute "shutdown -r now" command when system boot up. When system boots up it requires a username ans password. Then I need to run my command. I can use rc script but that is rebooting system before it asks for username and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie.arya
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Setup Serial Port

I need to set a serial port to 9600 7E1. How do I accomplish this? I've tried every combination, with no luck. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies
COLORMGR(1)															       COLORMGR(1)

NAME
colormgr - Color Manager Testing Tool SYNOPSIS
colormgr [ --verbose ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the colormgr command. colormgr allows an administrator to view and change color profile to device mappings. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. COMMANDS
This program takes commands with a variable number of arguments. create-device Creates a color managed device create-profile Create a color profile delete-device Deletes a color managed device delete-profile Deletes a color profile device-add-profile Add a profile to a device that already exists device-get-default-profile Gets the default color profile for a device device-get-profile-for-qualifier Returns all the profiles that match a given qualifier device-make-profile-default Makes a profile default for a specific device device-set-kind Sets the device kind device-set-model Sets the device model device-set-serial Sets the device serial device-set-vendor Sets the device vendor find-device Find a device from the device ID find-device-by-property Find a device with a given property value find-profile Find a profile from the profile ID find-profile-by-filename Find a profile from the filename get-devices Gets all the color managed devices get-devices-by-kind Gets all the color managed devices of a specific kind get-profiles Gets all the available color profiles profile-set-filename Sets the profile filename profile-set-qualifier Sets the profile qualifier AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes <richard@hughsie.com>. 20 December,2008 COLORMGR(1)