Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bold Text?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bold Text? Post 19462 by Atama on Thursday 11th of April 2002 01:16:21 PM
Old 04-11-2002
Ok, I found the your post and I'm able to see the bold text and the affect I'm looking for when I do echo ^[[1mhello^[[0m on the command line.

But how can I do that in a file? I mean when I place "echo ^[[1mhello^[[0m" in a file, it obviously just shows up as "echo ^[[1mhello^[[0m" when I view it, instead of the bold text I would get by doing it on the command line.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Bold text

hello, how do i display the text in the printf statement in bold. or is there anyway to display the text on the console in bold thx in advance svh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write data into a text file in bold format

Hi, can anyone help to write data into a text file in bold format and rollback to actual format. Thanks, Regards, Milton Y. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miltony
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a bold text in vi

pls disregard got my question answered . as you can't do bold in vi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i bold a text

Dear i want to bold a text using shell script. please give sample.. Thanks rex (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrex1983
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bold Text In Email

Hello, I email some info daily to my employees using a script. But they tend to overlook an important part so I wanted to bold that particular section. Everyone here uses outlook to receive their emails. I would like to know how to send an email to my employees with some parts in bold. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amonkira
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format text to bold from perl script to csv

Hi everyone, is there any way in perl using which we can print the selective words in bold when we write the output to a csv file? Please find the example below 1. Filename: A 2. name age 12 3. city add 23 Line1 should only be bold. Outputs from other files being read in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making Text Bold

Hi Guys, This is my first query here. I hope you could help. I have a file as below a 1 2 3 4 b 4 5 6 ... I need to print the first column of this in bold. a 1 2 3 4 b 4 5 6 Is it possible, if so, could you please let me know how to do that? I require this because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.munna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

output text in bold font using SED

hi I want to write a script, while using the SED editor, to output the text, in this case a variable, to the result file but highlighted it in bold, is it possible to do that? can you tell me how? eg. in text.txt sed '$ a\ '$variable' ' <text.txt >text2.txt so it will add the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bold text in Bash and send mail

I have a sample script here I want to bold the word BOLD in the text and send through email. Tried several ways but not seems to working. BODY="Hello. I want to BOLD this" { echo "From: from@gmail.com" echo "To: to@gmail.com" echo "Subject: Texting" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
1 Replies
MAN(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    MAN(7)

NAME
man - macros to typeset manual SYNOPSIS
nroff -man file ... troff -man file ... DESCRIPTION
These macros are used to lay out pages of this manual. A skeleton page may be found in the file /usr/man/man0/xx. Any text argument t may be zero to six words. Quotes may be used to include blanks in a `word'. If text is empty, the special treatment is applied to the next input line with text to be printed. In this way .I may be used to italicize a whole line, or .SM followed by .B to make small bold letters. A prevailing indent distance is remembered between successive indented paragraphs, and is reset to default value upon reaching a non- indented paragraph. Default units for indents i are ens. Type font and size are reset to default values before each paragraph, and after processing font and size setting macros. These strings are predefined by -man: *R `(Reg)', trademark symbol in troff. *S Change to default type size. FILES
/usr/lib/tmac/tmac.an /usr/man/man0/xx SEE ALSO
troff(1), man(1) BUGS
Relative indents don't nest. REQUESTS
Request Cause If no Explanation Break Argument t no t=n.t.l.*Text t is bold. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating bold and italic. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternat- ing bold and Roman. i. Begin paragraph with hanging indent. t no t=n.t.l. Text t is italic. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating italic and bold. x x. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating italic and Roman. d. Set prevailing indent to .5i. Set prevailing indent to amount of starting .RS. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating Roman and bold. t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating Roman and italic. move left margin in distance i. Set prevailing indent to .5i for nested indents. t yes t=n.t.l. Subhead. t no t=n.t.l. Text t is small. n(c) named n(c) n of chapter c; x is extra commentary, e.g. `local', for page foot. Set prevailing indent and tabs to .5i. i. Begin indented paragraph with hanging tag given by next text line. If tag doesn't fit, place it on separate line. * n.t.l. = next text line; p.i. = prevailing indent page x yes - Begin n(c)