Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: query
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users query Post 19455 by PxT on Thursday 11th of April 2002 12:09:39 PM
Old 04-11-2002
There are many difference between AIX and Solaris, too many to list here. use of smit, location/format of log files, etc. Solaris is based on BSD while AIX comes from a System V heritage, so you will find that many of the command line switches for common utilities may be slightly different, etc.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query

hi, how can i do the following..... i have file containing followig a k 10000 b c 200000 d e 50 a j 40 how can i list all rows containg last value more than 1000? and how can i find number of blank rows in the file? THANKS! regards vivek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)