Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Version of old?!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Version of old?! Post 19452 by k-lye on Thursday 11th of April 2002 11:58:22 AM
Old 04-11-2002
Hey great.. thanx Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I find Unix Version

I am extremely new here. Someone wants to upgrade off of Unix to Windows 2000 and wants to know if they need to buy new hardware How do I find out what type of Unix they're using? How do I find out the current hardware of the system? (Intel, ..etc) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which unix version...

I pulled out my old 386 from the garage and dusted it off, and now i want to install unix on it. The 386 however only has a 104mb HD, and has NO cd rom support. Which if any version of unix would best suite this box? Is installing with floppies my only option? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nefarious
8 Replies

3. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

What version of Unix do you use most often?

Just curious... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PxT
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Version

Please post me a command, About how to find UNIX version on our machine. i have tried > WHICH Version it didn't worked though. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kzar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

upgrade unix version

I use HP UNIX 11 now , as I know , the latest version is 11iv2 , ( correct me if i am wrong ) , I hv read the feature of this version , it is 15% performance improved and more secure , if it is truth , I want to upgarde it by myself , but i am too familiar with the OS upgarde , could suggest the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine Unix Version

Is there a trick to determine the exact version from Unix that one is working with? I would have expected to see it after logon, but all I get are some Copyright-messages... I know it's some HP-UX, but I would like to know the version-number Tnx in advance! Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegeysemans
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix version?

Hi, I am thinking of buying a computer to learn UNIX. I am familiar with windows but not UNIX. Can someone tell me which version of UNIX should I get installed in my new PC? And how do I start learning UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hana
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which version of UNIX I'm using?

Hello- I know it's UNIX-HP, but I don't know what version. Is there a command that tells me what version I'm running or a file that I need to open to get this information? Thanks, Nomaad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about UNIX? original version?

sorry for my English We'll report about Unix in my school, for Operating Systems subject... with Installation demo.... I'm wondering if System V, which is from original developers AT&T still exist and downloadable? because I cant find it anywhere... then i found out that Solaris, MacOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slowchem
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)