Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print Multipul Fiels as One shot Post 19363 by inpavan on Wednesday 10th of April 2002 07:20:35 AM
Old 04-10-2002
Use backtilt

lp printername `ls -ltr|grep "your_param"|grep "your_param2"`

or

lp printername `ls -ltr | grep "your_param1.*your_param2"` - If you are using the param as per your example.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix screen shot

i would like to see an unix screen shot if anyone could take a screen shot of unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP fiels according to generated date

Hi, I need to get some files from a server via ftp. normaly I use following scrip, it is worrking fine. cd dir_name ftp -v -n "10.76.170.17" << cmd user "rbi" "rbi" cd recordreceive prompt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all occurence of a word in one shot

i have a file called file1 cat file1 i am namish namish lives in India India and namish both are good. I want to delete all the occurences of namish in one shot,if i do it with sed i guess all the lines will be deleted containing the pattern.Suggest me any idea without AWK. Thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

4. AIX

script which take a snap shot of Topas

can any one give me a script which take a snap shot of Topas at a fix interval of 15min and save it in a perticular file!!!!!!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My first shot at variables

Okay, so im setting up a script to start my internet dependent scripts once I am connected to the net. It got complicated because of the different networks I frequent but it goes something like this: n=1 iwconfig wlan0 > wireless.txt m= grep -c MGHS /home/jake/Scripts/wireless.txt o= grep -c... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcnsparc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a 350 files in one shot

i have a dir called logs. In it i have some 350 files how to move all those files from directory logs to a new dir called archive I want to do it in single shot Below the command i m trying but not getting find . -name "CurrentCollector*" -exec mv {} archive \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To change the ownership at one shot

i have a directory in which i have Multiple files: Following are they==== -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 886 Jan 21 16:38 trunkn.xsd -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 244 Jan 21 16:38 trunknameCache.xml -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1240 Jan 21 16:38 subscribercache.xsd -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Text within multipul files - for loop

Is this possible? #!/bin/ksh for file in `*.idlesince` do while read inter time do printf "%s %s\n" "${inter}" "$(perl -e 'print scalar localtime('"${time}"') . "\n";')" >> "${file}.done" done < "${file}" done The error I get is line 9: router.idlesince: command not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/searching files in subdirectories excluding the fiels in Parent Directory

Hi All, requirement is to find and remove the files from sub directories but it should exclude the files from parent directory. At present i am using the below one but it finds and remove files from both parent and sub directories. find ${PATH} -type f \( -name securitas\* -o -name \*gz... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveenkk
1 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)