Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check for a palindrome
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check for a palindrome Post 19346 by doubtful on Wednesday 10th of April 2002 01:34:33 AM
Old 04-10-2002
Question check for a palindrome

how do i check whether an input string is a palindrome or not ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Palindrome

Hi, Is there a way to check a word for a palindrome in Unix? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guelpth
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program to find palindrome from a file

hello i came up with this ..The problematic part that i am facing is in underline and bold format. exec<file while read line do set $line i=1 while do str=$i #problematic i want the positional parameter but here it takes integer value. p=1 q=`expr length $str` flag=1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check it

Can i write the following script... $sqlplus -s uname/password @connectingstring select emp_id,emp_name from employees > a.csv quit $mailx -s fga@ds.com < a.csv $ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if it's there

Dear, I want to check if the file in the if code is there, but I don't know how to do it? if Can someone assist me please? Thanks! kopie() { echo " Geef de naam van bestand + plaats vanwaar gekopieerd moet worden en waarnaar : " echo -n " Plaats : " read plaats ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in and check out comments

Hi Do you know how can I get all check in and check out comments for a period of time with Surround SCM CLI ---------- Post updated at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:56 AM ---------- Do you have NAnt tasks that allow us to access Evolution from an NAnt build script? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies
Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome - parse EMBOSS palindrome output SYNOPSIS
# a simple script to turn palindrome output into GFF3 use Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome; use Bio::Tools::GFF; my $parser = Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome->new(-file => $filename); my $out = Bio::Tools::GFF->new(-gff_version => 3, -file => ">$filename.gff"); while( my $seq = $parser->next_seq ) { for my $feat ( $seq->get_SeqFeatures ) { $out->write_feature($feat); } } DESCRIPTION
This is a parser for the EMBOSS tool 'palindrome'. It will produce a Bio::Seq object for each sequence analyzed. The sequence will be empty (but will be of the correct length) and will have attached to it Bio::SeqFeature::FeaturePair objects which wil FUTURE WORK It may be consolidated into another framework at a later time, but for the time being it will stay a separate modules. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via email or the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl-dot-org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome object Returns : an instance of Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome Args : -file/-fh => a filename or filehandle for initializing the parser next_seq Title : next_seq Usage : my $seq = $parser->next_seq; Function: Get the next feature set from the Returns : L<Bio::SeqI> object Args : none source_tag Title : source_tag Usage : $obj->source_tag($newval) Function: Get/Set Source Tag ('palindrome') by default Returns : value of source_tag (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Tools::EMBOSS::Palindrome(3pm)