Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Code
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Code Post 19294 by LivinFree on Tuesday 9th of April 2002 02:54:02 AM
Old 04-09-2002
There is no one place.
You will have to poke around a little.
The address PxT gave you above will get you the Linux kernel. Most of the core utilities (commands) are GNU (www.gnu.org).

You can check out the source online via CVS for the *BSD projects.
Look at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/de...nt/FreeBSD-CVS to mirror the entire source tree for FreeBSD Unix.

Even better, which Unix are you looking for source to? And why? If you want to compile a full system, why?

Plus, there is no one big ol' source file for ANY unix.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

the source code of unix

tha ithela na moy peite an mporo apo kapoy na vro ton pigaio kvdika toy unix se glossa c .efxaristo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matsoyka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code page in Unix

Hi, Can someone tell me how do I find the list of comptabile codepages on Linux(suse) , Is it /usr/lib/locale or somewhere else ? I was wandering if someone has expereince in using cycrillic chars (russian) in unix / linux ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix Code

Hi, My requirement is I have 3 files A B C I need to write the first record of A and then 1st record of B and then 1st record of C to output and then 2nd record of A, 2nd record of B and 2nd record of C and so on to output file through UNIX. Input File -A 1st record----apple 2nd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree_nivas79
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix return code example

Hi, Does anyone here can guide me to understand how is return code works in a parent-child relation with a simple example? I have a request to build the script with return code in a child script, but i want to understand how does child script can return a code to the parent, stated if its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

C++ Code migration from HP Unix 11.11 to 11.31

i'm facing some problem to make my source code work in HP Unix 11.31 which works fine in HP Unix 11.11. Recently our unix server is upgraded to HP Unix 11.31, i was able to compile my source code successfully in 11.31 but i see some system call failure and socket failure. is there any steps to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madanxyz
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX exit code 11

We have a batch Unix process that runs during the day and it is getting an exit code 11 from Unix. It finishes a sqlplus step and gets the exit code 11 before it starts the next step. This used to happen once a year and now is happening more often (but not every time the process runs). We have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msol
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unix code need help

How can we see the column names of a table in unix Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilthms97
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)