Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: games
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers games Post 19247 by Kelam_Magnus on Monday 8th of April 2002 02:02:37 PM
Old 04-08-2002
Check the path to your game. It looks like it is trying to run in the current directory. Unless of course you are in the installed game directory when you do ./gamename.

It looks like a file "libSDL-1.1.so.0 " is not found. You might need to remove and reload the game.

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lokie games?

for some reson lokie games do not let me play the games on my linux box i go and install it but will not let me play them acts like it wants to run the game but will not open what do i do i have return to wolfinstine and unreal 2003 and seriurs sam and quake 1,2,3 and starwars jedi 2 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Games?

So what kind of games we all play? If any? I like RTS, C&C fan here all the way :p (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX games?

Does anyone know of any unix-based games? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

games in unix?

I was wondering if anyone had a script file for a game or a puzzle in a script file? Or something fun, like a quiz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing games from another directory?

If "photopia.dat" is a game. To play it, you would normally type "frotz photopia.dat" (assuming you are in the directory where photopia.dat resides). But what if I'm in my home directory, photopia.dat is in the "games" directory, and I want to play it without switching directories? What command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Of Computer wizards and games

You guys are really are a genius, you make computer processing more easy for us end users. You just don't make wonders but you also make good computer games too. Really there is a fast evolution on the era of the computer world. Thanks to you guys! __________________ The Cute Angry Birds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: methusela123
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where Are the Games?

Hi! I'm new to the site, and today I clicked on "Banking", curious as to what that was about. Aside from being able to "buy" things with these points, it appears there are some games available, on which you can wager your points. While I could access the "high scores", I could not find the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
14 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Favourite Games console

So what is everyones all time favourite games console and why do you like it? (Please - no comments on why they are better than others as that would be opinion based and cause arguments, positive comments only) (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
28 Replies
game-data-packager(6)						   Games Manual 					     game-data-packager(6)

NAME
game-data-packager - build a .deb of game data SYNOPSIS
game-data-packager [ -i ] [ -d out-directory [ -n ] ] game [ game-options ] DESCRIPTION
Many open-source games require game data which is licensed incompatibly with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. game-data-packager is a tool designed to help you locally assemble Debian packages containing such game data from CD-ROMs, the Internet or elsewhere. OPTIONS
-i attempt to install the generated Debian package via dpkg(1) and su(1) -d out-directory writes the generated Debian package to the specified directory. -n Do not attempt to install the generated Debian package. This option must be used in conjunction with -d. game The game being packaged. Running game-data-packager without arguments will display a list of valid games. Running game-data-packager with just the game and no further arguments will display a list of valid options for that game. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), su(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2010 Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> Thanks to Branden Robinson for his 'Write the Fine Manual' presentation, once found at <http://people.debian.org/~branden/talks/wtfm/> 2008-07-14 game-data-packager(6)