Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ntp Server
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ntp Server Post 19200 by mikek147 on Monday 8th of April 2002 03:55:28 AM
Old 04-08-2002
I could be wrong here, but it looks like all the time servers that you've selected to use are rejecting you for one reason or another. Could you post your /etc/ntp.conf? -mk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ntp server and ntp client

All, How do you set a Solaris 9 server which received ntp updates from a ntp server to broadcast them on a local subnet. I have created a /etc/inet/ntp.conf file to receive the updates from a server on network and need to make this server become like a ntp relay from the main server. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 questions about NTP server

Folks; I'm setting up a new NTP server to sync time for our network. I have one Linux server that needs to point to that NTP server My 3 questions are: 1. I added the IP address for the NTP server to the "/etc/hosts" file on the Linux server. Is that all i need to do to make the Linux server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
5 Replies

3. BSD

NTP Server on FreeBSD

Hello, I'm trying to create a NTP server on a FreeBSD machine inside my local network, so all the clients of that network can actually query for that machine. Should be of no problem right? Here's the configuration of the /etc/ntp.conf on the FreeBSD machine: server br.pool.ntp.org burst ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

server is not getting synchronized with ntp server

Hello Guys, i have a problem my local server is not getting synchronized with ntpd server. 1)ntpq -p is giving the following output remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter ============================================================================== ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

NTP server

Hi All.... I need to configure NTP server in my network, which is heterogeneous, containing Linux as well as windows systems. I'm planning to configure it on RHEL 5.0. What are the prerequisites for this and do I need to register this server? Can anyone give me as many information as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amol21
1 Replies

6. Linux

How often does Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server?

All here, thank you for listening. Now I've set up a Linux NTP server by adding a external windows NTP server in /etc/ntp.conf. Then I start the ntpd daemon. But how often does the Linux NTP server update its time with the external NTP server? I've looked up everywhere but found no information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelLi
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Setting up NTP HP-UX clients from solaris NTP server

Hi I wonder if its possible to setup NTP clients running HP-UX o.s. from a solaris 10 NTP server? FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

NTP Server issue

Hi team, I was like try to create an NTP time server under my RHEL6 box, but once I try to sync other Windows clients (and some Linux) I alway get an error with syncing with my NTP server, here is my non-hashed ntp.conf file parameters: driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift restrict 192.168.238.0... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
14 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ntp client sync with local over ntp server

Hi, I have two ntp servers in my cluster and I want all the nodes in my cluster to sync with either of the ntp servers or just one. Unfortunately it keep rotating the sync, between my ntp server 1, ntp server 2 and local. Is there anyway I can change the sync to avoid local? # ntpq -p ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies

10. Linux

What is the best OS for NTP server?

Hello I need to create NTP server for all my devices, What is the best OS for NTP Server? "CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu " I tried before Ubuntu but some of device not detect the server Need your recommendation Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
2 Replies
accept(1M)						  System Administration Commands						accept(1M)

NAME
accept, reject - accept or reject print requests SYNOPSIS
accept destination... reject [-r reason] destination... DESCRIPTION
accept allows the queueing of print requests for the named destinations. reject prevents queueing of print requests for the named destinations. Use lpstat -a to check if destinations are accepting or rejecting print requests. accept and reject must be run on the print server; they have no meaning to a client system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for reject: -r reason Assigns a reason for rejection of print requests for destination. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. reason is reported by lpstat -a. By default, reason is unknown reason for existing destinations, and new printer for destinations added to the system but not yet accepting requests. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported. destination The name of the destination accepting or rejecting print requests. Destination specifies the name of a printer or class of printers (see lpadmin(1M)). Specify destination using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled (see NOTES) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
accept and reject affect only queueing on the print server's spooling system. Requests made from a client system remain queued in the client system's queueing mechanism until they are cancelled or accepted by the print server's spooling system. accept is CSI-enabled except for the destination name. SunOS 5.10 8 Feb 1999 accept(1M)