Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sig test
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sig test Post 19153 by Voodoo Child on Saturday 6th of April 2002 12:46:54 PM
Old 04-06-2002
Sig test

Just testing my sig.. if it doesnt work need some more help..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bad PBR Sig Operating System Not Found...why ?

Well i install successfully Solaris on my Second Hard disk, although i had to make it primary Master and my orignal hard disk as pirmary slave, because solaris will not let Windows on primary master. Anyway after installation when i try to boot from hard disk , it shows message bad PBR Sig ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

My sig doesn't show

Is there an issue with it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

bad BPR sig

hello mentor. I'm getting an error " fdgetchng: write protect check failed " after I rebooted my laptop because it hangs when i open server management console. what seems to be the problem? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bad PBR sig

ok, i recently posted asking for a distro of unix, and someone said to try solaris, so i booted up the dvd iso installer. And after making some kind of mistake in the preperation, I couldnt retry the installer, it repeated the Warning: Bad Geometry. thing, and when i tried to just boot up into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FaoX666
0 Replies

5. Solaris

bad pbr sig

After installing Solaris 10 x86 (solaris 5 2009 update 7 ) i've been granted a “Bad PBR sig” error message on boot, making my system unbootable. any one has any solution for this problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching SIG of running process with bash

Hello all! I'm writing a script that will catch when an outside process crashes (SIGHUP, right?) without having to loop into infinity. With that in mind, I came across the trap utility and thought if could be used to monitor another process other than it's own. But from what I've read, I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mashiox
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris x86: Bad PBR sig

Hello everyone, I have a Sun x4600 (Solaris 10 x86) server.During boot up "Bad PBR sig" error comes soon after post (before GRUB). Unless the return key is pressed the server never boots up. Once the return key is pressed the boot process continues without any problem. Can you please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
1 Replies
KILL(2) 						      BSD System Calls Manual							   KILL(2)

NAME
kill -- send signal to a process SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int kill(pid_t pid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
The kill() function sends the signal specified by sig to pid, a process or a group of processes. Typically, Sig will be one of the signals specified in sigaction(2). A value of 0, however, will cause error checking to be performed (with no signal being sent). This can be used to check the validity of pid. For a process to have permission to send a signal to a process designated by pid, the real or effective user ID of the receiving process must match that of the sending process or the user must have appropriate privileges (such as given by a set-user-ID program or the user is the super-user). A single exception is the signal SIGCONT, which may always be sent to any descendant of the current process. If pid is greater than zero: Sig is sent to the process whose ID is equal to pid. If pid is zero: Sig is sent to all processes whose group ID is equal to the process group ID of the sender, and for which the process has permission; this is a variant of killpg(2). If pid is -1: If the user has super-user privileges, the signal is sent to all processes excluding system processes and the process sending the signal. If the user is not the super user, the signal is sent to all processes with the same uid as the user, excluding the process sending the signal. No error is returned if any process could be signaled. For compatibility with System V, if the process number is negative but not -1, the signal is sent to all processes whose process group ID is equal to the absolute value of the process number. This is a variant of killpg(2). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
kill() will fail and no signal will be sent if: [EINVAL] Sig is not a valid, supported signal number. [EPERM] The sending process is not the super-user and its effective user id does not match the effective user-id of the receiving process. When signaling a process group, this error is returned if any members of the group could not be signaled. [ESRCH] No process or process group can be found corresponding to that specified by pid. [ESRCH] The process id was given as 0, but the sending process does not have a process group. SEE ALSO
getpgrp(2), getpid(2), killpg(2), sigaction(2) STANDARDS
The kill() function is expected to conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-1988 (``POSIX.1''). 4th Berkeley Distribution April 19, 1994 4th Berkeley Distribution