Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Uh oh! system32/hal.dll is missing or corrupt. Post 19138 by SledgeOptimizer on Saturday 6th of April 2002 07:27:52 AM
Old 04-06-2002
let's try to fdisk you hardisk first, install w2k, then install boot magic to partition it to some ext2 or (ext3(RH 7.2) - if u wanna convert it later on linix) in your win2k, then only you install your linux, it shall be work, then the lilo boot you install in your secondary boot partition, (it works for me) i have win98, w2k, RH 7.2 install on my computer, but i have 2 hardisk, RH 7.2 i installed on the other fix drive, and it runs smooth... FYI, w2k or winxp has a boot.ini... this file can be edited so that if you don't wanna use some OS just delete the line and you can delete your second OS -- W2k directory safely.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Dll

Hello all is there any concept of DLL in UNIX if so mention the name of the library linking dynamically Bye Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 8 - SUNWcsr cluster missing/corrupt ?

Hi all I'm currently trying to install OpenSSH on a number of servers and for the most part succeeding. Unfortunately one of the Sun V880 servers is complaining when I try to install the /dev/random (entropy) patch (112438-01) needed for the SSH keys. Error below.... (ignore 'the patch has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brett
3 Replies

3. Linux

Fake System32 Folder

I read somewhere that you can create a fake system32 folder in linux where you can store the most common windows runtime libraries, that way you can install windows programs (using wine) directly in linux, what I meen is that even the installer works. Does anyone know how I can do this, and where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

dll layer

Hi all , How can I achieve getting the IP address of a local machine, by sending packet over dll layer with its mac address, and how should the frame be consturcted without providing the IP address of the destination machine. Thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: netsavy
0 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling with Dll in HP Ux

Hi all, I had trouble compiling my application with a custom dll, the error appear to be some undefined reference to the functions i had created in my dll. Is there a need to update any environmental variable such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH as in linux system. Please advise. One more thing is do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

6. Linux

Hal deamon..

I have install centos on my server,.. then after rebooting 2 ,3 times , hal deamon cannot start, and system hang on boot.. when i google, i found the solution which is off the hal daemon service... my question is, what is the effect if i off the deamon service ?:confused: tq (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultramen7
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding DLL's

hello Forum members, what is internal mechanism of DLL's in Unix kernal.what is the major advantage over static libraries. Thanks & Regards Siva Ranganath (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
2 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)