Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: $NS_SOCKS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers $NS_SOCKS Post 1913 by kdelph on Thursday 5th of April 2001 03:20:05 PM
Old 04-05-2001
Computer

Hi does anyone know what $NS_SOCKS is? When I try and load netscape I get a message cannot find server this is because I have not been able to figure out how to change the IP address for my system. Then I get a message saying may or maynot have to set $NS_SOCKS, contact administrator, I am the administrator I guess and have no clue what $NS_SOCKS is. If anyone know's what it is and what I must do to set it please let me know, thank you. I'm using Red Hat Linux version 7.
Monkette

RHN_CHECK(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - Check for and execute queued actions on RHN. SYNOPSIS
rhn_check [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" and receives queued actions for this particular system. After receiving the actions, rhn_check will then process them, and return the results to Spacewalk. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN_CHECK(8)