Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Programs In Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Programs In Linux Post 1908 by 98_1LE on Thursday 5th of April 2001 02:58:27 PM
Old 04-05-2001
Look for an install script or README file. What files do you see on the CD? Run the file command on any files to see if it is an RPM file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are their any Front Page 2000 *linux* programs?

I am looking for an alternative. I am not wanting to try and run it using one of those fancy programs that can run windows programs. I am trying to cut the chord from MS so I am looking for good similar programs. Any thoughts? If there are none, then I guess I try to run it under Linux. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizkid
6 Replies

2. Linux

Linux-programs

I have installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 recently on my computer. Im wondering if there are any good sites for downloading linux programs besides the site of Red Hat. Thank you in advance!:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolidSnake
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need c programs for linux commands

hi i am doing a small project on linux shell so if anyone can provide me some programs which can ipmlement commands like copy,date,calendar ....thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lit_joel
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing/running programs.

Hey folks, i'm a total newbie at linux (only installed it yesterday) so don't be mad at me for querying this. I downloaded firefox, and unpacked the library files and binaries into /usr/lib/firefox. Now, am I correct in thinking that to run it, I need to enter the 'sh /usr/lib/firefox' command into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shep
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Programs

Hello, I have a simple question. How do make it so i can lauch a program from the shell. For instance I want to install firefox 2 and I wanna launch it with ff2 in the terminal, so i tried this to my .bashrc file: alias ff2='/path/./firefox' and its not working as I would hope. anywho,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeamusHC
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix programs

hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. I am in the process of learning unix. I have a problem installing a unix program. The program at question is Links. It is an internet browser. I have the INSTALL notes, but I'm not having much luck at all. Any ideas on how to install? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fissm
3 Replies

7. Linux

Doubt about programs for testing Linux performance

Hello friends, I'm working on a Thesis and right now I'm in a phase of comparing a Linux vs Windows performance in similar situations on the same machine. I'm asking here because I would like help on this, since I've always worked in Linux as an Administrator and a user, never as a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzcool
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing programs in Unix

I have installed a software called GMT, then writing a script that call the new programs ./example02.sh but I am getting ./example02.sh: line 20: gmtset: command not found I have done ./configure make make install (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Installing Commercial Linux Programs

I a writing a program which I would like to distribute commercially to Linux users. This question doesn't apply specifically to Ubuntu, but Ubuntu will be one of the Linux systems involved, and Ubuntu is one of the systems on which I have practiced installing. I have sufficient Linux experience... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
5 Replies

10. AIX

Installing programs on AIX

G'day all. Thanks to everyone for helping me getting my h50 rs/6000 server going Now i need just a bit more help. Can anyone tell me how i install other software using remote console? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies
SUPERPACO(8)							      System							      SUPERPACO(8)

NAME
superpaco - Debian, RPM or Slackware package installation support for paco(8). SYNOPSIS
superpaco [OPTIONS] <packages> DESCRIPTION
superpaco performs the installation of Debian, RPM or Slackware binary packages, without requiring the use of dpkg(8), rpm(8) or pkg- tool(8). The installations are logged by paco (but see option -n below), To install RPM packages, cpio(1) and ( rpm2cpio(1) or rpmunpack ) are required. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a brief usage message and exit. -v, --version Display version information and exit. -q, --quiet Be silent, except for errors. -n, --no-paco Do not use paco to log the installation. --root=PATH When installing the files, use PATH as the root directory. -s, --strip-release Remove the release suffix from the name of the package (e.g. 'foo-1.0.2-2.1' --> 'foo-1.0.2'). WEB SITE
http://paco.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2009 David Rosal <davidrr@sourceforge.net> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
paco(8), pacorc(5), pacoball(8), rpm2paco(8) paco-2.0.9 28 June 2010 SUPERPACO(8)