Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: extremely headache
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extremely headache Post 1895 by mib on Thursday 5th of April 2001 09:16:52 AM
Old 04-05-2001
Glad to know your problem is over. Smilie here is the perl script.

#inetd listens for rexec requests via TCP connections on port 512.
# rexec format: The input stream consists of null separated values. port for standard error\0username\0password\0command and args\0

use Socket;

$port=512;
($host, $user, $passwd, $command)=@ARGV;

$sockaddr = 'S n a4 x8';
($name, $aliases, $proto) = getprotobyname('tcp');
($name, $aliases, $type, $len, $thisaddr) = gethostbyname($host);
$thisport = pack($sockaddr, &AF_INET, 0, $thisaddr);
$thatport = pack($sockaddr, &AF_INET, $port, $thisaddr);

socket(S, &PF_INET, &SOCK_STREAM, $proto) || die "cannot create socket. Reason: $!\n";
connect(S,$thatport) || die "cannot connect socket. Reason: $!\n";

select(S); $| = 1; select(STDOUT);     # Set socket to write after each print
printf S "0\0%s\0%s\0%s\0",$user,$passwd,$command;     # Send command

# Read responses from server
while ( $_ = <S> ) {
printf ("$_");
}
close(S);

exit;
#end of code

besides using Socket module,you can use object-oriented IO::Socket module.(http://search.cpan.org)

the most easiest way is to grab Net::Rexec module from cpan.org. then this two line code will do the rest. This module also supports .netrc file.(You need IO::Socket, Net::Netrc modules)
use Net::Rexec 'rexec';
($rc, @output) = rexec(host, command, userid, password);

Thanx,

[Edited by mib on 04-05-2001 at 09:39 AM]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DHCP client & ipchains headache

Hi all, I upgraded my SUSE 6.1 to SUSE 7.1 and at once the following things won't work anymore: 1) My DHCP client is not able anymore to retrieve my IP address from the @home server. It times out all the time. If I use a fixed IP I can get on the net, so there is no physical problem. 2) I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
3 Replies

2. Solaris

A very headache problem

guys, need your help~~~~ I am setting up a Sun Enterprise 450 Ultra 4 server originally I was using Sun solaris 9 1202 version. but after an accident (i guess becoz i deleted something wrongly), the system cannot boot up. and now I wana install a FreeBSD(since it is free and it will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrDJay
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed make me headache... need help!

I've still a little problem with sed. So, the content of my file.txt is like: 101.10.20.2.1079 > 101.11.2.20.80: 101.10.20.2.1080 > 101.11.2.20.80: 101.10.20.2.1081 > 101.10.20.2..80: 101.05.15.143.1068 > tpo68-96-22-1.no.no.cox.net.4391: 101.05.15.143.1072 >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nymus7
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed headache

Hi all, I've got a thorny sed/regex problem and I thought somebody out there might be able to help. I'd like to use sed in a Makefile to parse a path string. The path might look like this: case 1: /mnt/users/bob/build/src or case 2: /mnt/users/bob/build/src/foo or case 3: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnarl
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting headache... loops & variables

Surely there's an easier way to do this, lets see if anyone knows! I am new to scripting so go easy on me! I have the following script and at the moment it doesn't work and I believe the problem is that I am using a while loop within a while loop. When I run the script using sh -x I can see... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevePace
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Friday afternoon headache

Hi all, It's been a long week and my brain is clearly not functioning right so hopefully someone can help me out here. I've got a function in a script which just checks if a MySQL database directory exists or not. Code is as follows: dbCheck2() { if ; then { : # carry... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting a file headache

Hello does anyone know how to do the following using some simple unix if possible: I have a file with the following info as comma separated. It shows username, id number and all the subjects they are enrolled in on the one line. The subjects are separated by colons. UserName,ID,Subject... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynneycat
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extremely New

I just loaded Cygwin on my XP deskop. I am TRYING to install a program that said it needs this program to run. How do I install or run a program? Keep in mind I just started with Unix yesterday:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gss
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh command headache

Good day, I am trying to run a ssh command on a remote server, but when I run the command the server takes FOREVER... and ends up giving me an error.. then the script also kicks server load up by 100% while it is running.. But if I run the same command on the server it goes pretty quickly and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msullivan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: script headache

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, but doing my best to learn things. Today doing courses there was exercise like this: #!/usr/bin/bash a=$1 b=$2 if ] then echo "Conditions are met" else echo "Conditions are not met" fi I improved it a little, beacuse of curiosity :D to this: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rosentine
8 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::SSL(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Net::Server::Proto::SSL(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::SSL - Net::Server SSL protocol. SYNOPSIS
Until this release, it was preferrable to use the Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY module. Recent versions include code that overcomes original limitations. See Net::Server::Proto. See Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY. use base qw(Net::Server::HTTP); main->run( proto => 'ssl', SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file.key", SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file.crt", ); # OR sub SSL_key_file { "/path/to/my/file.key" } sub SSL_cert_file { "/path/to/my/file.crt" } main->run(proto = 'ssl'); # OR main->run( port => [443, 8443, "80/tcp"], # bind to two ssl ports and one tcp proto => "ssl", # use ssl as the default ipv => "*", # bind both IPv4 and IPv6 interfaces SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file.key", SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file.crt", ); # OR main->run(port => [{ port => "443", proto => "ssl", # ipv => 4, # default - only do IPv4 SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file.key", SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file.crt", }, { port => "8443", proto => "ssl", ipv => "*", # IPv4 and IPv6 SSL_key_file => "/path/to/my/file2.key", # separate key SSL_cert_file => "/path/to/my/file2.crt", # separate cert SSL_foo => 1, # Any key prefixed with SSL_ passed as a port hashref # key/value will automatically be passed to IO::Socket::SSL }]); DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server based on IO::Socket::SSL. This module implements a secure socket layer over tcp (also known as SSL) via the IO::Socket::SSL module. If this module does not work in your situation, please also consider using the SSLEAY protocol (Net::Server::Proto::SSLEAY) which interfaces directly with Net::SSLeay. See Net::Server::Proto. If you know that your server will only need IPv4 (which is the default for Net::Server), you can load IO::Socket::SSL in inet4 mode which will prevent it from using Socket6 and IO::Socket::INET6 since they would represent additional and unsued overhead. use IO::Socket::SSL qw(inet4); use base qw(Net::Server::Fork); __PACKAGE__->run(proto => "ssl"); PARAMETERS
In addition to the normal Net::Server parameters, any of the SSL parameters from IO::Socket::SSL may also be specified. See IO::Socket::SSL for information on setting this up. All arguments prefixed with SSL_ will be passed to the IO::Socket::SSL->configure method. BUGS
Until version Net::Server version 2, Net::Server::Proto::SSL used the default IO::Socket::SSL::accept method. This old approach introduces a DDOS vulnerability into the server, where the socket is accepted, but the parent server then has to block until the client negotiates the SSL connection. This has now been overcome by overriding the accept method and accepting the SSL negotiation after the parent socket has had the chance to go back to listening. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server THANKS
Thanks to Vadim for pointing out the IO::Socket::SSL accept was returning objects blessed into the wrong class. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-29 Net::Server::Proto::SSL(3pm)