Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lilo Boot
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Lilo Boot Post 18929 by sajjan2 on Thursday 4th of April 2002 09:41:44 AM
Old 04-04-2002
Data Lilo Boot

i hade and Win 2000 and and Linux 6.2 on a machine, the Lilo boot worked properly . . after i had changed the Partion size with Partion Magic in w2k and rebooted my computer hangs and just says "Li" in the upper left corner . . can some one plz explain to me where the problem is, can i get the machine to at least boot up with windows?

Regards
/Nicke

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lilo

Does anyone know what LILO stands for and what it exactly does during the boot process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jensam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lilo

Guys, Any idea how to Install Lilo after Instal linux 7.2 ( 2.4.7 ). At first when i was installing Linux 7.2 i didnt install LILO because i have alllready installed Boot Magic from Power Quest (Having dual boot Windows2000 Server and Linux Red Hat7.2 ). I didnt install LILO because i was... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lilo

I have installed linux.. but it wont boot.. it says: "LI" and then my computer freezes.. it has worked before.. A couple of days ago, I tried to install OpenBSD.. I used the whole disk for it.. I think it's something with the MBR-settings I made in the OpenBSD installation.. How can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hamcha
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

I need help with lilo

:confused: I've been trying to figure out what happen to Windows 2000 since I upgrade my partition of Red Hat 7.1 to 7.2. Before I even upgraded my system would dual boot both OS's now it only sees Linux in lilo. Can some one help me I'm in need of help. Can you tell me what I'm missing in my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Lilo

i hade and Win 2000 and and Linux 6.2 on a machine, the Lilo boot worked properly . . after i had changed the Partion size with Partion Magic in w2k and rebooted my computer hangs and just says "Li" in the upper left corner . . can some one plz explain to me where the problem is, can i get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LILO question again. Need help.

I know that this question has been asked here many times before, but after 4hours of reading and conf file changing I'm still where I started. Here's the scenario. I have a machine that has 60GB HDD, RedHat 7.3 & Win2K. 19 first GB are win2k (FAT32; /dev/hda1). Then comes RedHat 7.3: hda2 -> /boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing lilo

I have a machine that dual boots win2k and linux, and we are handing it off so it no longer needs linux. Linux is a separate partition so I can delete the partition, but I need to remove lilo- how do I do that ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LILO boot loader installation

What are the ways in which a LILO boot loader can be installed on a Linux system. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

lilo question

I use redhat7.0, and I want to update kernel to 2.4.0,I make following steps: #gzip -cd linux-2.4.0.tar.gz | tar xvf - #cd linux #make mrproper #make config #make dep #make bzdisk #make modules #make modules_install #cp linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot then I modify lilo.conf,like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: konvalo
0 Replies

10. Slackware

Request example LILO for Slackware 13.1

A strange request, I know, but it would help me if I could see your LILO screen for Slackware 13.1. The more samples, the better! TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aardvark
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)