Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Angle brackets
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Angle brackets Post 1890 by mib on Thursday 5th of April 2001 06:06:53 AM
Old 04-05-2001
if you need more space between words you can use <b>&amp;nbsp;</b>

this &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; is &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; an &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; example &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

angle brackets should be escaped automatically

I think that HTML code within posts should be turned off -- the vB Code can provide all the features we need. Then, you should modify the program to automatically escape any angle brackets, so that &lt; gets translated to &amp;lt; and &gt; gets translated to &amp;gt; I see a lot of people garble their posts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Multicore from a different angle

Everyone seemed to be a little stumped by the multicore question I asked earlier this week, so I decided I'd try a different angle. Turns out that on a multicore system HP-UX reports every core as a seperate processor. All the usual commands (ioscan, top, etc.) report two processors for every... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Midcain
7 Replies

3. Linux

By angle-brackets/"pipe" button doesn't work?

How can I configure it? I have a swedish keyboard with swedish keyboard setting. Everything works perfectly (едц) except that button. What can be wrong? /Richard ++ NOTE: It seems like the computer notices the input but that the button isn't assigned to anything (the keyboard-cursor stops).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete text between square brackets and also delete those square brackets using sed or awk

Hi All, I have a text file which looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I want to get rid of these square brackets and also the text that is inside these brackets. So that my final text file looks like this: computer programming systems engineering I am using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies
POLISH(5)							      Debian								 POLISH(5)

NAME
polish - a list of Polish words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/polish is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
/etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to a /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the UTF-8 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. Debian Project March 29th, 2011 POLISH(5)