Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nmap results
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers nmap results Post 18870 by DPAI on Thursday 4th of April 2002 12:08:06 AM
Old 04-04-2002
An nmap with a UDP option always shows open ports as filtered when u perform it over a range of ports .
When u perform it on a per - port basis it gives it as open
If thats a bug with nmap , I am not sure ...
But thats how it is .
UDP Scanning filtered <=> open

DP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Nmap

I am pretty new at running nmap ,and i have some doubt about some o/ps the nmap shows I tried to scan my own system for UDP open ports I see that if i use one UDP port say 13 It shows that its in open state , etc But if i scan for the whole UDP ports in the nmap-services . I gives te... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nmap PHP FE

Hi everyone! I've temporarily come out of hibernation (and will be gone for about two weeks after this post too) to ask for input on a small PHP script I have just completed. The script aims to be a remote front-end for Nmap - now for the safety of this post, I ask that any replies refrain from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
6 Replies

3. AIX

nmap on aix 5.2

I'm trying to compile nmap 4.11 on an aix 5.2 machine and get the following error when attempting the 'make' command; make "Makefile", line 1: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double colon operator. "Makefile", line 14: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double colon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Nmap error

I 'm getting following error when i run nmap for an ip .. what could be the reason for it ? #nmap 10.22.67.18 Starting Nmap 4.68 ( Nmap - Free Security Scanner For Network Exploration & Security Audits. ) at 2009-07-06 19:07 UTC Warning: Unable to open interface e1000g3301000 -- skipping it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. Linux

nmap binaries for linux

Hi , I am exploring the nmap utility for Linux. I know that, nmap binaries are specific to the platforms e.g. nmap binaries will be diferent for Windows , AIX , Solaris and Linux platforms. Can anyone tell me , will the nmap binaries be different for different flavours of Linux such as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatin56
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Help with NMAP

I'm seeing a persistent address showing up on my firewall router logs. The address is 10.98.115.9:67, and is broadcasting to 255.255.255.255. I know that this would typically signal a BOOTP service, such as a bootp server announcing itself on the network. But I can't isolate which machine it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renoir611
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Why Nmap UDP need Root?

I was just wondering, why does Nmap need root when doing an -sU UDP Scan? Please and Thank You. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amreason
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to scan IP range using nmap?

Scripting language : Bash Shell Script 1. problem statement I have to create function in which read IP addresses one by one from one file (iplist.txt) and scan these IP using nmap. This scan IP's output is saved in output.txt file and parse output.txt to save only open ports with particular IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
3 Replies
tcp.h(3HEAD)                                                          Headers                                                         tcp.h(3HEAD)

NAME
tcp.h, tcp - definitions for the Internet Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) SYNOPSIS
#include <netinet/tcp.h> DESCRIPTION
The <netinet/tcp.h> header defines the following macro for use as a socket option at the IPPROTO_TCP level: TCP_NODELAY Avoid coalescing of small segments. The macro is defined in the header. The implementation need not allow the value of the option to be set with setsockopt() or retrieved with getsockopt(). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getsockopt(3XNET), socket.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 tcp.h(3HEAD)