Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shar source
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shar source Post 18645 by Perderabo on Monday 1st of April 2002 10:28:00 AM
Old 04-01-2002
shar is available via ftp here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qt from source

i'm installing qt from source, and while making i get an error having to do with a "pthread library." what libraries do i need to install for qt to compile, and where can i get them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Source

Back some time ago, Sun had a pay/download Solaris source program. I had participated, but have since lost the source. Does anyone have such that they could make available. Thanks much, Keith (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

source quelch

I'm sorry in advance for not having all the information that may be needed to answer this post. At my company we are trying to transfer a large amount of data from an NT server to a HP-UX server using ftp. The problem is that when transferring data we are getting extremely slow speeds of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

. and source

What's the difference of using "." and "source", such as ". .bashrc" and "source .bashrc"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learn
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the source name

Hi I'm trying to write a script in which,if i log onto a particular server,the script should automatically find the server i'm on (which is the source server).We can find it frm the path /transfer/common/utilities/env_params.txt please help me as to how start with this,shall i use the read cmmnd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bkan77
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source

I have a script in /etc/rc2.d that needs to run on boot up the file looks like this #!/sbin/sh source /abc/scripts/test_env.sh /abc/xyz/run I need to source the test_env.sh script they are both bash how do i do that? 'source /abc/scripts/test_env.sh' I am not too sure (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solved: Missing whatis file from my /usr/shar/lib directory...

My whatis file is missing from my /usr/share/lib directory. I know I can recreate it by using catman -w command. My question is, why do all of my other servers have it and this one doesn't. Maybe due to a recent move of old to new servers and it just wasn't copied over. Unlikely, 'cause all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Source Output

Hi all. I am trying to include the output of a command in a shell script (sh shell) but with no success. Scenario is this: I have some XML and binary configuration files and I have an executable who writes a file with some shell variables I usually include in my shell script (executable... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ticiotix
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source .sh file

Dear all, For setting up my working environment, I need to source some files. What i usualy do is to do it manually, cd /setup source setup.sh it take care of everything and I am able to run the commands like root. As it was manual task every time, I defined this in .bashrc itself like... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
12 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)