Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: setting max log file size...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting setting max log file size... Post 18602 by v-rod on Sunday 31st of March 2002 01:29:29 PM
Old 03-31-2002
Thanks very much Jimbo!

Is there no way of doing this via file size, not number of lines?

Also, how would go about editing the log files for multiple users from root?

I have really done a lot of searching with no luck. I am really glad I found this place!

Thanks again!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Max file size can't exceed 2 GB

We have Sun OS 5.9 we are doing a backup process (ProC program) that uses the function... fprintf(fp,"%s;%s;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%ld;%ld;%ld;%s;%s;%s;%d;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%s;%s;%s;%ld;%ld;%s;%ld;%s;%ld;%s;%s;%c%c",x_contrno, x_subno, x_b_subno,x_transdate,x_last_traffic_date,BillAmt_s, x_billamount_int,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the max file size

Does anyone know a way to determine the maximum filesize on a file system on Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, and OSF1 using the command line? TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dknight
2 Replies

3. Solaris

max. size of file

I wants to ask that what is the max size of file that we can create in the unix file system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerghogre
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max. file size

i want to know what is the maximum file size supported by linux with ext3 file system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAX file size limited to 2GB

Hi All, We are running HP rp7400 box with hpux 11iv1. Recently, we changed 3 kernel parameters a) msgseg from 32560 to 32767 b) msgmnb from 65536 to 65535 c) msgssz from 128 to 256 Then we noticed that all application debug file size increase upto 2GB then it stops. So far we did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Setting the max open files value

I'm trying to set the open files value to 4000 on a SLES 9 system. Current values:ulimit -n 1024 I can set it using this:ulimit -n 4000 ulimit -n 4000 But this obviously sets it only for the shell session where I run the command to set it. I want to set this to 4000 for all time. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
3 Replies

7. Solaris

File size setting

There is a file in my Unix Server whose size will be constant. But every day when the sheduled jobs run in the server, that file gets updated but the size does not change. Upon doing file filename It is dispalyed as a binary file. Can anyone please explain how that file is created. How is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: exterminator
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict Max file size

Hello All, I am working on an issue, where I need to check the max file size of a file. If the file size exceeds 2 GB, then I need to generate an error message. Since the file system does not allow a file to be created larger than 2 GB, I am planning to use named pipes & AWK file to acheive my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: puru2121
6 Replies

9. AIX

Profile Max CPU Setting

I have a system with the following settings: min:0.10 Assigned: 2.0 Max: 6.0 Partition is uncapped weight is 128. I would like to know if even if this is uncapped, is the max it can use 6? The actual pool has 16. I remember reading about this somewhere but I don't remember can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Clamd max file size Solaris 10

Hi, I've compiled a 64-bit version of ClamAV 0.98.7 on my Solaris 10 SPARC server. I have a selection of files all containing the eicar signature but clamd is only picking up the signature in the files <2GB. I have the following set in clamd.conf, to remove file size checking: MaxScanSize 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Troutfest
4 Replies
SCRIPTMGR(1)															      SCRIPTMGR(1)

NAME
scriptmgr - utility for controlling other skytools scripts. SYNOPSIS
scriptmgr.py [switches] config.ini <command> [-a | job_name ... ] DESCRIPTION
scriptmgr is used to manage several scripts together. It discovers potential jobs based on config file glob expression. From config file it gets both job_name and service type (that is the main section name eg [cube_dispatcher]). For each service type there is subsection in the config how to handle it. Unknown services are ignored. COMMANDS
status scriptmgr config.ini status Show status for all known jobs. start scriptmgr config.ini start -a scriptmgr config.ini start job_name1 job_name2 ... launch script(s) that are not running. stop scriptmgr config.ini stop -a scriptmgr config.ini stop job_name1 job_name2 ... stop script(s) that are running. restart scriptmgr config.ini restart -a scriptmgr config.ini restart job_name1 job_name2 ... restart scripts. reload scriptmgr config.ini reload -a scriptmgr config.ini reload job_name1 job_name2 ... Send SIGHUP to scripts that are running. CONFIG
Common configuration parameters job_name Name for particulat job the script does. Script will log under this name to logdb/logserver. The name is also used as default for PgQ consumer name. It should be unique. pidfile Location for pid file. If not given, script is disallowed to daemonize. logfile Location for log file. loop_delay If continuisly running process, how long to sleep after each work loop, in seconds. Default: 1. connection_lifetime Close and reconnect older database connections. log_count Number of log files to keep. Default: 3 log_size Max size for one log file. File is rotated if max size is reached. Default: 10485760 (10M) use_skylog If set, search for [./skylog.ini, ~/.skylog.ini, /etc/skylog.ini]. If found then the file is used as config file for Pythons logging module. It allows setting up fully customizable logging setup. scriptmgr parameters config_list List of glob patters for finding config files. Example: config_list = ~/dbscripts/conf/*.ini, ~/random/conf/*.ini Service section parameters cwd Working directory for script. args Arguments to give to script, in addition to -d. script Path to script. Unless script is in PATH, full path should be given. disabled If this service should be ignored. Example config file [scriptmgr] job_name = scriptmgr_livesrv logfile = ~/log/%(job_name)s.log pidfile = ~/pid/%(job_name)s.pid config_list = ~/scripts/conf/*.ini # defaults for all service sections [DEFAULT] cwd = ~/scripts [table_dispatcher] script = table_dispatcher.py args = -v [cube_dispatcher] script = python2.4 cube_dispatcher.py disabled = 1 [pgqadm] script = ~/scripts/pgqadm.py args = ticker COMMAND LINE SWITCHES
Following switches are common to all skytools.DBScript-based Python programs. -h, --help show help message and exit -q, --quiet make program silent -v, --verbose make program more verbose -d, --daemon make program go background Following switches are used to control already running process. The pidfile is read from config then signal is sent to process id specified there. -r, --reload reload config (send SIGHUP) -s, --stop stop program safely (send SIGINT) -k, --kill kill program immidiately (send SIGTERM) Options specific to scriptmgr: -a, --all Operate on all non-disabled scripts. 03/13/2012 SCRIPTMGR(1)