Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Anybody Notice a Speed Increase? Post 1849 by Neo on Monday 2nd of April 2001 03:09:23 PM
Old 04-02-2001
The platform is the same as before (Linux 2.1.16 on an AMD K6-500 with 256MB ram). We did not change this. The only different is the network connection. We switched from 784KBPS SDSL from Northpoint to a co-location facility with multiple T3 backbones. T3=DS3=44.736 MBPS.

I will upgrade to an AMD Athlon K7-900 processor this summer. Right now, I'm having problems with my K7-900 setup and will stick to the K6-500 until the bugs are worked out. The K7-900 would be faster yet, but it tends to hang (in my lab) for some reason so I'm keeping the old, reliable K6-500 in production for now.

Glad you are finding the site faster Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE:Cha

Pls can u help me diagnosed this Notice l receive during booting of my openserver 5.0.4 unix from the kernel. NOTICE:cha:SCSI bus has been reset ha=0 Attached SCSI peripherals will retunr to power up state (ChaN04) NOTICE:cha:SCSI command timed out ha=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short notice

Im getting stumped on one of my unix problems. Im a college student taking unix and for one of my assignments I am to write a few programs. I done the programs but on one of them I have to modify it by using sed instead of a while do loop. here's the while loop while do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummiworm
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

how to increase the speed of sftp

hi , i have to tranfer some 12 - 13 gb of files from one server to anothier presently i m using the SFTP but it is taking to much time to trafer the files is there any way to use increase the efficiency of SFTP. i cant use the FTP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Increase speed in linux server

Hi, Will removing space from the server increases the speed/performance. how are they related? please explain the relationship. thanks in advance regards, Pradeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to increase executions speed of loops.?

(2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to increase the e1000g0 interface speed in Solaris?

Hi All, Please let me know the step by step process to set the e1000g0 interface speed to 1000mbps with full duplex from 100fdx and how to disable the auto negotiation with switch?. Thanks and Regards, Ganesh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrungav
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies
ldapcd.conf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    ldapcd.conf(4)

NAME
ldapcd.conf - Configuration file for the single sign-on daemon. SYNOPSIS
# comment_string parameter: integer identifier: string identifier: "quoted_string,quoted_string,..." DESCRIPTION
The ldapcd.conf file stores the current configuration of the Windows 2000 Single Sign-on daemon (SSO). The information stored in the file is specified when you configure Windows 2000 Single Sign-on and is not normally changed. The ldapcd.conf file also contains the default operating parameters for the daemon which you can tune for performance. You might need to tune performance if users wait a long period of time for the UNIX server system to respond. To tune the Windows 2000 SSO software, use a text editor to modify the values of the caching parameters as follows: The number of open con- nections that the caching daemon makes to the active directory. Increasing the value of this entry opens more connections to the active directory, however this consumes more file descriptors and increases the load on the active directory. Typically, 4 connections are ade- quate for a workstation and 15 connections are adequate for a server. Default: 4 connections The maximum number of user entries to store in cache. Increase or decrease this value as the maximum number of users increases or decreases. Default: 500 entries The maximum number of seconds to cache a user entry. Increasing this value increases performance because a user's entry is readily available in the cache. If you delete a recently used user account, its entry remains in the cache for the amount of time specified by this parameter. Default: 900 seconds. The maximum number of group IDs to cache. Increasing this value increases performance because group IDs are readily available in the cache. Default: 100 group IDs The maximum number of seconds to cache group IDs. Default: 900 seconds Using a Revised Configuration If you change the value of a cache parameter in the /etc/ldapcd.conf file, you must enter the following command to read the new configura- tion and restart the daemon: # /sbin/init.d/ldapw2k restart EXAMPLES
The following example shows a typical configuration file: # connections: 4 pw_cachesize: 500 pw_expirecache: 900 gr_cachesize: 100 gr_expirecache: 900 usesasl: 1 directory: server1 searchbase: "cn=users,DC=SSO,DC=TWOTEN,DC=COM" machine_acctname: emera.ggg.bbb.com machine_dn: "cn=emera,cn=comput- ers,DC=SSO,DC=TWOTEN,DC=COM" FILES
Location of the file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: ldapcd(8), lw2ksetup(8) Windows 2000 Single Sign-On Installation and Administration Guide. delim off ldapcd.conf(4)