Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netstat error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers netstat error Post 18471 by PxT on Thursday 28th of March 2002 04:40:36 PM
Old 03-28-2002
A quick
Google search turned up the following from someone who had (and solved) the same problem:

Quote:
... it'd a kind of pain to check perms on all /dev/* files, so
checking /dev/tcp, /dev/udp and /dev/ip did the trick.

For some reason /devices/pseudo/clone@0:ip had GID "root", but it has to be
"sys", because netstat is owned by root:sys and has SGID bit, so correct
perms are:

$ ls -l /usr/bin/netstat
-r-x--s--x 1 root sys 50712 Oct 6 1998 /usr/bin/netstat*
$ ls -l /devices/pseudo/clone@0:ip
crw-rw---- 1 root sys 11, 3 Jul 12 2000 /devices/pseudo/clone@0:ip
Taken from: http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail...ne/000810.html

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Netstat

Giving netstat command on the prompt gives commands such as localhost.43592 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43594 localhost.43595 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT localhost.43598 localhost.35237 32768 0 32768 0 TIME_WAIT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
6 Replies

2. Solaris

netstat counters

Is there a way to reset the netstat counters in solaris 8? Specifically, the error counters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

netstat

Hi what is the command to see the process name/application name along with the port number, connection status ... netstat is not giving process/application name Is there any way to know which application is holding which port? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Pla help - urgent-netstat error--- cant open mib stream

Hi, When i type netstat command as normal user it shows following error $ netstat arp open: Permission denied can't open mib stream I can execute the command as root user.. Pls reply at the earliest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vadivukumar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netstat error(getnameinfo failed)

# netstat -a > /test/a getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed getnameinfo failed command is working fine (as i get output in file /test/a) # dig -x 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ; <<>> DiG 9.3.3rc2 <<>> -x 10.203.xxx.xxx ;; global... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
4 Replies

6. Solaris

netstat -- what am i looking at?

Greetings to all, Here is a line of output from my netstat command cbp031.904 wdcprodhome.nfsd 98304 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED The only thing i recognize is the unix machine "cbp031" but what is .904 and all the other data telling me? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with netstat

Hi, I want to list the time for how long a secure connections last to my server/blade. i am using netstat command to get the same, but not sure how to get the time for how long connections is being ESTABLISHED. netstat -na | grep 'ESTABLISHED' | grep :443 |awk '{print $4}' | cut -d: -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

netstat

Hi Can any body tell me about TIME_WAIT status meaning in the following command output. # netstat -anp|grep 5000 tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:50006 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 5058/ccsd tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:50008 0.0.0.0:* ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
3 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

netstat

When running netstat -i from the Command Terminal, It returns with 21 different connections.. The addresses all look like this: ::1 fe80:1::1 10:dd:b1:a5:c4:ba with Network names like Linke#2 fe80::8e2d How can I delve deeper into this to clarify what is going on with my network?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwfiedler
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

netstat output

Hi Team, Below is the output of netstat -an | grep 1533 tcp 0 0 17.18.18.12:583 10.3.2.0:1533 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 17.18.18.12:370 10.3.2.0:1533 ESTABLISHED Below is the o/p of netstat -a | grep server_name tcp 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
4 Replies
inet_type(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)