Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stack problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stack problem Post 18462 by mastaCow on Thursday 28th of March 2002 02:58:35 PM
Old 03-28-2002
I can only get head to return a set number of lines. i.e. head -n1 would return the first line. I need something to return the first character/byte etc. Is there an a -? I can use to make it output only the first character?

Thanks
mastaCow

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

memory stack problem

Hi, I am writing a C program under SCO Unix. I have a memory stack problem but do not know how to go about fixing it. I have tried running INSURE but that does not detect any problems. Essentially the problem is that the memory address shifts on return from a routine. I pass a pointer to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkeagy
3 Replies

2. Programming

stack query

can anyone explain how the local variables are acessed from a stack frame of that particular function..since stacks can only push or pop values and stack pointer always points to top of the stack and the frame pointer always points to the end of the previous stack frame..how local variables are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloksave
4 Replies

3. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Problem with stack overflow

Hi, I get a problem with stack overflow on HP-UX, when running a C program. Pid 28737 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure. Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space, or stack size exceeded maxssiz. The possible cause i found, was that the definition of a structure had... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stack Trace

Hi All Thought it would be kind of fun to implement a stack trace for a shell script that calls functions within a sub shell. This is for bash under Linux and probably not portable - #! /bin/bash error_exit() { echo "=======================" echo $1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happens to the stack?

Consider this bad code, edited in Windows and run via CygWin after dos2unix so be aware of any hidden "\r" charatcers... #!/bin/bash n=0 stackit() { eval $1 if then exit 0 fi n=$ echo "$n" stackit stackit } stackit stackit Run under CygWin:- AMIGA:~> cd /tmp AMIGA:/tmp>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)							 1							  TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)

tidy::head - Returns atidyNodeobject starting from the <head> tag of the tidy parse tree

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
tidyNode tidy::head (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style tidyNode tidy_get_head (tidy $object) Returns a tidyNode object starting from the <head> tag of the tidy parse tree. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. RETURN VALUES
Returns the tidyNode object. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy_get_head(3) example <?php $html = ' <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html>'; $tidy = tidy_parse_string($html); $head = $tidy->head(); echo $head->value; ?> The above example will output: <head> <title>test</title> </head> NOTES
Note This function is only available with Zend Engine 2 (PHP >= 5.0.0). SEE ALSO
tidy.body(3), tidy.html(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY_GET_HEAD(3)