Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: verify ftp status is "good"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting verify ftp status is "good" Post 18440 by thehoghunter on Thursday 28th of March 2002 11:02:14 AM
Old 03-28-2002
I'm betting that because you are putting all the information into a variable, that it is all one line - since you are counting how many LINES have the successful transfer, it's only 1 everytime (although there are two occurances in the one line).

The other problem is if you ftp to a site that has a huge banner before you ever do a login, all of that is saved into your variable. Possible that you would overload it and your script would bomb out and you would never know why.
thehoghunter

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good unix "for lamers/beginners" book?

Im pretty new to unix, as you can probably tell. Anyway I want to get a book on unix and howto use it. I would like to get a book that goes from the very basics to the advanced things that unix can be used for, does anyone have any suggestions?? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
16 Replies

2. Solaris

"Error for Command: verify"

I have a raid 5 configuration in a A3500 rack, manager by raid manager. This morning I found this messages in a /vad/adm/messages": Sep 10 04:33:57 zion scsi: WARNING: /sbus@3,0/SUNW,socal@2,0/sf@1,0/ssd@w200200a0b80735d3,4 (ssd11): Sep 10 04:33:57 zion Error for Command: verify ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonovox
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is creating an RCS archive in /etc a "good thing"??

Hi guys, Why is creating an RCS archive in /etc a "good thing"?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemon_06
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

"Solaris" - A very good example of a very bad subject title

Any body known this command uadmin 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the variable has "space" or not?

How to check if a variable contains space in it??? or any other character??? using if condition.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
bup-ftp(1)						      General Commands Manual							bup-ftp(1)

NAME
bup-web - Start web server to browse bup repositiory SYNOPSIS
bup web [[hostname]:port] DESCRIPTION
bup web starts a web server that can browse bup repositories. The file hierarchy is the same as that shown by bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1) and bup-ftp(1). hostname and port default to 127.0.0.1 and 8080, respectively, and hence bup web will only offer up the web server to locally running clients. If you'd like to expose the web server to anyone on your network (dangerous!) you can omit the bind address to bind to all avail- able interfaces: :8080. EXAMPLE
$ bup web Serving HTTP on 127.0.0.1:8080... ^C $ bup web :8080 Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0:8080... ^C SEE ALSO
bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-restore(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Joe Beda <jbeda@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ftp(1)