Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking configuring more than one ip for an inteface pemanently (linux) Post 18408 by farzolito on Thursday 28th of March 2002 04:13:34 AM
Old 03-28-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by developer
What you need to do is to add an alias to the interface, in order to do that, do the following. First go to the file /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 and add the following lines:

DEVICE=eth0:1
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR= xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
NETMASK=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
GATEWAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
NETWORK=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
BROADCAST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
PEERDNS=no
Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx put the apropriate addresses for your computer. After doing so go to the directory /etc/rc.d/init.d and type ./network stop; ./network start. That will initiate the new configurations. You can add as many IP addresses as you want by just doing the procedures above and changing the DEVICE:eth0:x from 1 to 2,3,... etc. and also by changing the IP address.
hi,
I have the same request on a SUN server, Can I do that safely ? Smilie
but where is the magic file to modify ?

Last edited by farzolito; 03-28-2002 at 05:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Configuring USB in Red Hat Linux 9

Had problems in configuring USB memory stick in RHL 9. Please assist. With regards, Kungra. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungra2006
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuring 2-gateways in linux

Hi, I want to configure 2-gateways in Linux . Please tell me how I can achieve this. I am accesing 2-internet connection through these 2-gateways. So I am looking that if 1-gets down then also other one is working. Regards JAGDISH (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to know inteface name in ULTRA 20

hi friends, I have brand new Sun Ultra 20 WS installed. It was preinstalled with Solaris 10 6/06 system, in ifconfig -a command only loop back intervace is showing. and /etc/path_to_install also not able to find the interface name. my questions are: 1. Is there any command to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhankar
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem with configuring host name in Redhat Linux 5

Hi All when I give the command, $ ping <hostname> I get the following error ping: unknown host <hostname> I have checked in the following files, /etc/sysconfig/network /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/nsswitch.conf Every where in these files host name and IP address are given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagapradeep
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to find the active network inteface on etherchannel

I have a server with multiple network interfaces. 2 of these interfaces, lets say en2 and en6 make up an etherchannel interface, which let's say en8. when I run the command lsattr -El ent8 I can see the designated primary and backup interfaces as ent6 and ent2, in the given order. But... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment.

Can anybody please explain the below table to monitor NTP daemon status This contains many columns like remote,refid,st....various values corresponding to those columns If possible provide me any link to study about these quantities clearly. It is very much required for my project please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgand
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Configuring Linux as a firewall

i have a linux server runnig oracle applications. i need to access this server from putty using ssh through internet. i did by registering my static ip with the dnydns.org and i am able to connect to the server. but now there is no security to authenticate any user as any one knowing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
6 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Configuring SNMP in linux

I am trying to enabling SNMP access and trap forwarding for Linux(RHEL5) using following official url from IBM. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/index.jsp?topic=/diricinfo/fqm0_t_enabling_snmp_access_and_trap_forwarding_for_linux.html In my system, snmp and snmplibs are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Configuring DNS Server in Linux Redhat

Can someone help with a detail step-by-step oh how to configure DNS server on Linux Server. - I need to have 3 IP addresses map to a single hostname. for clients I'm a Linux rookie. Thanks Oscar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Dot matrix Printer configuring on Linux RHEL AS 5.1

Dear Experts, We have requirement to configure Dot matrix printer in linux, Also need to register in Oracle application R12.0.6 version where i need get the print in landscape format. Request you all kindly help on the same. Thank you, Alone. ---------- Post updated 02-18-14 at 01:02... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alone
6 Replies
yhsm-linux-add-entropy(1)				      General Commands Manual					 yhsm-linux-add-entropy(1)

NAME
yhsm-linux-add-entropy - Seed the Linux entropy pool with data from YubiHSM TRNG SYNOPSIS
yhsm-linux-add-entropy [options] DESCRIPTION
The YubiHSM uses "Avalanche Noise" TRNG together with USB SOF jitter sampling to feed a DRBG_CTR algorithm (NIST publication SP800-90). The result has been verified as being random data of good quality by at least one third party cryptographer. <http://sartryck.idg.se/Art/ Yubihsm_1_TW072011.html> Use this program to add random data from the YubiHSM to the entropy pool of your Linux operating system. This is useful whenever lots of random data is needed, such as when generating chryptographic keys (GPG-keys), on a server terminating SSL sessions etc. You may run this script from cron, or in a while-loop. Make sure it does not run at the same time as something else accessing the YubiHSM though, or the two tasks may interrupt each other - probably making both fail. OPTIONS
-D, --device device file name (default: /dev/ttyACM0). -v, --verbose enable verbose operation. -c, --count number of iterations to run (default: 100). -r, --ratio bits per byte read to use. 8 is probably fine, but as a conservative default 2 is used. --debug enable debug printout, including all data sent to/from YubiHSM. EXIT STATUS
0 Entropy added successfully 1 Failure BUGS
Report python-pyhsm/yhsm-linux-add-entropy bugs in the issue tracker <https://github.com/Yubico/python-pyhsm/issues/> SEE ALSO
The python-pyhsm home page <https://github.com/Yubico/python-pyhsm/> YubiHSMs can be obtained from Yubico <http://www.yubico.com/>. python-pyhsm December 2011 yhsm-linux-add-entropy(1)