Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rpm hell!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rpm hell! Post 18336 by LivinFree on Wednesday 27th of March 2002 05:06:28 AM
Old 03-27-2002
You might be able to find one at www.rpmfind.net
Search for "gcc". I didn't see any for Redhat 6.2, but it did go all the way back to 5.2...

Do you still have the install CD set? It should be there too... I'll poke around a little bit more later on - see if I can find an old mirror.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

fork()ing hell!!

Hello I am having serious trouble with the fork command, i basically want to create 9 or 10 child processes and store their pid numbers in array while the children stay resident until i kill() them later , i cannot seem to control how many are made as they all seem to create their own children. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: theultimatechuf
16 Replies

2. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

3. Linux

Converting source rpm to binary rpm

Hi, I need to install an rpm file,but I only have '.src.rpm' version of it. I want to convert it to a binary rpm. so I tried this rpm --rebuild somethin.src.rpm But I am gettin '--rebuild:Invalid option' as output Is there another way to rebuild source rpm.? Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell and sqlite

Hi everyone, I have a requirement that requires me to fill an sqlite database with 100,000 entries (no duplicates). I will start out by giving the command that will insert the values necessary to populate the database: # sqlite /var/local/database/dblist "insert into list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hell & mathematics

I've been able to generate output based on the code scarfake provided me (thanks again man). A little background so everyone more or less knows whats going on: I needed code that would propagate a database with 100,000 entries, for capacity testing purposes, something like a stress test. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogoy
5 Replies

6. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confussed as hell

:eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kevinfine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract RPM name from path to .rpm file

It's the end of the day and I just can't get my head around this. I'm trying to extract just the name of the RPM from the path to a .rpm file. So from: /home/me/rpm/RPMS/i386/nagios-our-plugins-1.2-6.i386.rpmI need to extract 'nagios-our-plugins'. I can't get the awk syntax right: awk '{... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

10. AIX

Rpm issue with autoconf-2.63-1.AIX6.1.noarch.rpm

dears i am trying to install the autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm but its shows the below error message . P700_dev/svn/dependencies>rpm -i autoconf-2.63-1.aix6.1.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: m4 is needed by autoconf-2.63-1 P700_dev/svn/dependencies> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies
RPMDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  RPMDB(8)

NAME
rpmdb - RPM Database Tool SYNOPSIS
rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} DESCRIPTION
The general form of an rpm rebuild database command is rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} [-v] [--dbpath DIRECTORY] [--root DIRECTORY] Use --initdb to create a new database if one doesn't already exist (existing database is not overwritten), use --rebuilddb to rebuild the database indices from the installed package headers. SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpm --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 June 2010 RPMDB(8)