Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: purge xterm
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers purge xterm Post 18286 by noobie_doo on Tuesday 26th of March 2002 03:18:17 PM
Old 03-26-2002
purge xterm

Being new I had my focus in the wrong place and typed in xterm instead of <If you can't guess, good>.

Can I purge xterm so that this word no longer appears using up or down arrows?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for purge

Hi , I want to purge 7 days older data from a list of data sorted on date in a log file... Can anyone provide me with the shell script for the same.. Thanks, Jaz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JP003
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive and purge

Hi, I am writing a shell script for archive data from a table. The design is as follows. Step 1: Execute the select query and extract the data into a text file. Step 2: The primary key for this table is TRACKING_NUM, TRACKING_NUM_SUFFIX, TIMESTAMP_UPDATED. So These three fields will be read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

find help with directory purge.

Hi, I have a purge directory called /b02/purge which has backed up directories like this drwxrwxr-x 17 root root 4096 Jan 5 15:33 purge1 drwxrwxr-x 17 root root 4096 Jan 5 16:21 purge.new1 drwxrwxr-x 15 root root 4096 Jan 5 16:21 purge.new2 drwxrwxr-x 17 root root 4096 Jan 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

purge logs, keep the 30 lasts

Hi, I have to make a script to purge logs in a directory (this script will run automatically every day) and this script has to keep just the 30 last files. So I want it to count all the files in the directory, find the 30 most recents and delete the others. I just started shell scripting and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jblecrou
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Purge MAil file

Hi, merry christmas. on AIX 6.1, the file /var/spool/mail/user, should/can be purged manually ? Any commande line to purge it ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Purge in oracle9i

From morning we are facing some issues in tablespaces in oracle9i. Tried deleting some huge records... but even thought it is still giving tablespcases in full. Then i tried and googling ... found we need to purge recyclebin of oracle.. but thats not woking in oracle9i... can any one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu for Purge

I have these commands that help me find and delete files over certain days. How can I build a menu to list the files, and then hit y for yes to delete or no? find /logs/212/abinitio/prod/mfs/partitions/part0/mfs_12way_001/mfs_12way/sncrpt/main/ -name "*dat" -mtime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install --purge

Hello, i would like to know what is the use of that command apt-get install --purgeI understand the use of --purge while using with remove parameter, but i don't get it when it's about installing. Enlight me please ! Thx ---------- Post updated 09-03-16 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
0 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)

Featured Tech Videos