Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UPS for HP-9000
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UPS for HP-9000 Post 18269 by Perderabo on Tuesday 26th of March 2002 12:30:20 PM
Old 03-26-2002
If HP replaced the UPS, the cable, and the computer as you say... then the problem must be with the power. Ask HP to put a power line monitor on the line supplying power to ups in question. This will record any power fluctuations. The power could be screwy enough to worry the UPS without actually dropping power.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 9000 runnig Unix

I have aquired the dutties of looking after our MRP system We have a HP 9000D running Unix With MINX as tha MRP system Our last IT System adim. had crashed the system before he left and sense then we have not been able to log on to the system at the console or remotely. tha error reads minx... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstrin
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

D Class HP 9000 Server Setup

I work for a school and just received a set of HP-UX machines. I did ok with the Vizualize workstations in that they had video cards and all, but I am attempting to set up the D Class (D250) servers that we received and they are terminal only. I have the terminals and keyboards for them, but am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoHope
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 9000 workstation configuring

Hi, I have an HP9000 rp7420 running 11.i. I managed to mess up the console and can no longer get it to act as the console. When resetting the MP it seems to works, and after booting partition I can telnet into the box. Can anyone direct me to configuring the console HP700/96 is the model.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukitus
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop to create 9000 users

Hello, I need to figure out how to create a shell script that iterates 9000 times to create users. so far i have this: #!/bin/sh #Script adds multiple users into the Service manager i=0 for i in 1 * 9000 do ./insuser /WideSpan/config/vipclient.conf $i $i password 0 Org1 UserGroup1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xeniya
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 9000 rp7420 server

Hi all, I'm trying to find out info on HP 9000 rp7420 server. 16-way rp7420 server - what does 16-way stand for? There is 32-way rpxxxx also. I searched www.hp.com site but no luck. Can anyone put some light in it pls. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

any goof ups like this?

This thread reminded me of a couple of screwups made by an operator in my old job. The ops used to run OS backups through a script which asked for the path to the tape (/dev/rmt/whatnot). We (the sysadmins) would give these to the ops if a new server was added or the h/w path changed. One Sunday... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

hp 9000 k class server not booting

We have an old k class server that we would like to use as a testbed for our oracle application. However, it is not booting properly - fiailing the self boot test (light at the back of server is blinking). On the little window on the front of server i see the following message about console (?). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombard_c
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP UX 9000 NIC CARDS

Hello, I am trying to move an HP UX from one locaion to another. The new location don't have any Fiber switches. On the back of my server I see 2 RJ 45 for console management the other for networking , the server also has a fiber NIC card. When I disconnec the fiber and want to user regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldaliosmane
1 Replies

9. Solaris

PSU info M4/5/8/9000

I need to find out PSU info for some M class severs, normally prtdiag -v show's the relevant PS info, however these M classes don't seem to go down to that level !? Anyone any ideas , no physical or console access available at this stage :( thx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP 9000 340 help

Hi all, I've salveaged a fully working HP 9000 340 model with hard disk and floppy drive. It boots up and I get to the login screen. I don't have any usernames or passwords. Anyone know any hacks for the version of Unix it runs? Is there anyway I can reset the root password? Via Floppy? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbo007
0 Replies
APCSMART(8)						      Network UPS Tools (NUT)						       APCSMART(8)

NAME
apcsmart - Driver for American Power Conversion Smart Protocol UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the apcsmart driver. For information about the core driver, see nutups- drv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
apcsmart should recognize all APC models that use a serial protocol at 2400 bps. This is primarily the Smart-UPS and Matrix-UPS lines, but some Back-UPS Pro models are also supported. Some older hardware may only report a handful of variables. This is usually not a bug - they just don't support anything else. CABLING
This driver expects to see a 940-0024C cable or a clone by default. You can switch to the 940-0095B dual-mode cable support with the cable= definition described below. If your 940-0024C cable is broken or missing, use this diagram to build a clone: http://www.exploits.org/nut/library/cables/940-0024C.jpg EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5): cable=940-0095B Configure the serial port for the APC 940-0095B dual-mode cable. sdtype=num Use shutdown type num, according to this table: 0: soft shutdown or powerdown, depending on battery status 1: soft shutdown followed by powerdown 2: instant power off 3: power off with grace period Modes 0 and 1 will power up the load when power returns. Modes 2 and 3 will keep the load turned off when the power returns. BUGS
Some older APC UPS models return bogus data in the status register during a front panel test. This is usually detected and discarded, but some other unexpected values have occasionally slipped through. AUTHOR
Russell Kroll SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.exploits.org/nut/ NUT mailing list archives and information: http://lists.exploits.org/ Tue Oct 22 2002 APCSMART(8)