Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls behavior
Top Forums Programming ls behavior Post 18222 by LivinFree on Tuesday 26th of March 2002 03:26:10 AM
Old 03-26-2002
I could never get into csh, but then again, I didn't give it that much of a chance...
I like sh/ksh/bash... I use bash most of the time, but on systems that don't have it, I usually end up with ksh.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet behavior

Hi there, I've an stupid question. If I make a telnet to a server from my computer and then execute a command that starts an application (on the server), when I disconnect, the application stops running, which is pretty obvious. Is it possible to add a flag at the end of the command so when I cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
4 Replies

2. Programming

Behavior of pthreads

Hi All, I ve written a small program to get started off with pthreads. I somehow feel the program doesnt meet the purpose. Please find the code and the output below. Please find my question at the bottom. #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> void *PrintThread1(void... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhrraj
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

ltoa Behavior

I am working with the following code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <string> #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::endl; using std::flush; int main() { long lng1 = 123; long lng2 = 4567; cout<<ltoa(lng1)<<ltoa(lng2)<<endl<<flush; return 0; } Instead of receiving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charitonca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed behavior on hp-ux

the sed command: sed 's/^*//' file does not work on HP-UX :-( but it works fine on Linux, content of file: <tab><tab>hello output should be: hello Any ideas?? Thank you Andy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo behavior

Echo is removing extra blank spaces. See the command. export INSTALLDIR=”First Second /Two Space” echo $INSTALLDIR out put: First Second /Two Space Here only on blnak space is present while with command Echo “$INSTALLDIR” Out put: ”First Second /Two Space” It's correct output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
2 Replies

6. Programming

Strange behavior in C++

I have the following program: int main(int argc, char** argv){ unsigned long int mean=0; for(int i=1;i<10;i++){ mean+=poisson(12); cout<<mean<<endl; } cout<<"Sum of poisson: "<< mean; return 0; } when I run it, I get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

8. AIX

LUN Behavior

Aix 6.1, working with a nim master and nim_altmaster both LPARS have access to the same data LUN, /nimdisk I do realize the risks of having 2 servers access the same LUN, however it serves the purpose of being able to restore mksysb's to/from our DR site if necessary, at least in theory ;) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshilling
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird behavior of Vi

Hi there, I am a bit puzzled by a weird behavior of Vi. I very simply would like to add increased numbers in some files. Since I have many thousands entries per file and many files, I would like to macro it in vi. To do this, I enter the first number ("0001") on the first line and then yank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypsis
4 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)