Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions UNIX/Linux for Windows? and a few other questions... Post 17991 by killerserv on Thursday 21st of March 2002 07:12:44 PM
Old 03-21-2002
I hope this forum doesnt apear to be a Alphabetical forum. Anyway the pronountuation is quite vary indiffrent ways. Depends how people calls it. And you are saying that the Cygwin looks good check their webpages for some utils and programs. Not sure any other porgrams such like that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows vs Unix/Linux

Hello is it possible to have Both Windows AND Unix and even mabey Windows AND Unix AND Linux on 1 machine?? GŪ33Tz:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justin45
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows vs Unix/Linux 2

This subject was brought up a short while ago. The question someone asked was is it possible to have Windows, Unix and Linux on one machine. It is possible to have a dual boot machine and it is possible to run Linux under windows and windows under linux. It is better to run Windows under Linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Absolute n00b questions about Unix / Linux

Hi All, I have absolutely no experince with either one, and would LOVE to start from somewhere! So please guide me to some web sites (beside these great forums of course!) that I can obtain n00b information. (Books, links, resources, etc.) What software OS? should I begin with? I have heard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CodeHunter
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux on Windows

I installed Vmware wotrkstation and installed Fedora Linux.. is working fine now. While on windows I can access and enjoy fedora linux But I have a question regarding if I download a file in windows and want that file to be transferred to /usr file system in my Fedora linux. How can I do that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Questions about Unix/Linux

Hello all. Im a young lad with very limited experience with computers, even though I have been playing with them the past 5 years. I have the experience of the random World of Warcraft player that plays games all day. I have a huge interest in learning everything about computers and I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Scripts questions

Hi All, You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delimited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the 5th column are integers. Using shell functions (and standard LINUX/UNIX filters), indicate how you would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: am2007
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few questions on unix/linux

Hi , please give few answers for this questions:confused::confused: ...thanks in advance What shell do you use when you log in to a UNIX/Linux host? What command will show you the shell you're using? Describe 5 things you can do in Linux/UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hecker007
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux questions

Sorry for the dumb question......I got my B.S. in computer science Amazing how I don't these answers).....I wrote mostly in the language C in my college career. I wrote all my programs using a windows application for writing C.....and then after testing it, I would upload it to a UNIX system and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bruuuuce78
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix vs linux in the job place and other questions

hello all, im new to this site...and look forward to corresponding with you all. i am a microsoft kid (sad) currently i work on small networks and repair computers for home and business. i want to better my skill set...but dont want to carry on down the MS route. Basically i want to... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: j0n1n
12 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)