Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printer
Special Forums Cybersecurity printer Post 17969 by victbla on Thursday 21st of March 2002 02:01:27 PM
Old 03-21-2002
printer

On my network I have three win 2k and 4 unix machines(sun 7). At on time I could print from the unix machines but now all I can print from is the windows machines. The print server is on a window machine. When I boot the unix machine it show's the printer is recognized. when I ping the printer it say's it's alive. On the NFS sever it shows it's there. What do I do. I am new to unix, help thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP Printer

Dear Experts How can I configure my workstation in order to be able to sent print? I am working on a sun workstation with Solaris 8 as its OS. My printer is an HP8000 series and is connected somewhere to our network. I know the IP address of the printer and I have put it in /etc/hosts file. So I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
8 Replies

2. Linux

know I do for to printer in printer deskjet 80colun

I want to print some thing in HP Deskjet 692.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How do you send printer codes to an IP printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) Thus the file is filled w/ control codes. We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print directly to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring Printer with Printer Manager

Hi All, I am trying to configure printer in solaris 10 with the help of print manager. There is no printer attached to my system, ia m doing it for test purpose. However I am unable to do so coz its pops up window - Heading as error with option as dismiss and cancel. Kindly help as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

5. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Please help about my printer

In previous version of Solaris , my printer has been working fine , but in this version of Solaris plug and play is not working . Printer is HP psc 1215 all in one , it is supported by Solaris kernel but I do not know how to install printer . I know for command lpadmin but i don't know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
6 Replies

7. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies
rusers(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rusers(1)

NAME
rusers - determine who is logged in on machines on local network SYNOPSIS
[host ...] DESCRIPTION
produces output similar to the "quick" option of who(1), but for remote machines. It broadcasts on the local network and prints the responses it receives. Though the listing is normally in the order that responses are received, the order can be changed by specifying a command-line option. The broadcast process takes about two minutes. When host arguments are given, instead of broadcasting, only queries the list of specified hosts. For each machine, the default is to print a line listing the host name and all users on that host. When the option is given, uses an out- put format similar to rwho(1). If a user has not typed on the system for a minute or more, the idle time is reported. A remote host only responds if it is running the rusersd(1M) daemon. Options recognizes the following command-line options: Give a report for a machine even if no users are logged in on it. Sort alphabetically by host name. Sort by idle time. Give a longer listing in the style of (see who(1)). Sort by number of users. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code zero if no errors are encountered; otherwise it returns the number of errors found. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. WARNINGS
Broadcasting does not work through gateways; therefore, does not report information about machines that are reached only through gateways. FILES
SEE ALSO
rwho(1), who(1), inetd(1M), rusersd(1M). rusers(1)