Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Know anything about wine????? Post 17883 by TRUEST on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 09:35:46 PM
Old 03-20-2002
Killerserv

I really appreciate your effort in trying to help me.

See, I have Linux Red Hat 7.2 which is the latest version of Linux. Now, the program called wine already came with Linux. The problem am having now is how to configure wine. I dont have to download anything or get any software. The wine software is already on my system because it came with the Linux installation disk.

do you or anybody know how to handle this situation???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wine

Hi! I have installed wine but when I wan't to run it it says Can't open configuration file /root/.wine/config .. I'm root when i run it.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help need help on wine how to put in

how the hell do you put wine in because i don't know i have mandrake please tell how to put in (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

3. Linux

Install with wine

Hello, here I am again with another question! :) I am installing some programs in Linux that are acctually ment for windows (using wine ofcourse), oftenly the installation works just fine and the programs execute fine after the installation is complete. Now to my problem. I cant find my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
2 Replies

4. Linux

Wine

Hey, I've switched my main PC over to Mandrake 10.1. Everything is set up except for Wine. I'm having problems installing WoW(world of warcraft). It says that it can not install it because i may be out of hard drive room. I've checked and i'm not. Wine is installed on the correct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: byblyk
1 Replies

5. Linux

Wine Problems...

i was under the impression that the Gens Emulator would work fine using Wine, and I have had it function once before (although im not sure how i got it to work)... it loads up fine but when i go to load a ROM it just closes... this is a fresh FC3 installation and ive set everything up the same...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMSS013
3 Replies

6. Linux

Wine

# wine Endless.exe fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel (0x3ffaa6a0)->(0001002a,00000008) fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_Init (iface = 0x3ffabd98, dmusic = (nil), dsound = (nil), hwnd = (nil))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Archduke Qualin
0 Replies

7. Solaris

wine could not load

Hi All, I have wine error on solaris 10 , like's below : bash-3.00$ wine wine: creating configuration directory '/usr/user/zonk/.wine'... fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not supported on this platform fixme:ntdll:NtQueryVolumeInformationFile device info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zonk
0 Replies

8. Fedora

WIne ... Diablo 2 ?

Hello probably not the best website to talk about gaming on your unix box :) but lets say I have wanted to see how well DIABLO 2 Runs on my Fedora 9 box What all would I have to DOWNLOAD and or install and what order :) any direction would be great I just want to try out wine , and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Producer
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Wine Installation Failure

When I try to install wine either through yast or zypper it fails with below message: zypper in wine Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'. Loading repository data... Reading installed packages... Resolving package dependencies... Problem: nothing provides libOSMesa.so.8()(64bit) needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
XDG-SETTINGS(1) 						xdg-settings Manual						   XDG-SETTINGS(1)

NAME
xdg-settings - get various settings from the desktop environment SYNOPSIS
xdg-settings {get | check | set} {property} [subproperty] [value] xdg-settings {--help | --list | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-settings gets various settings from the desktop environment. For instance, desktop environments often provide proxy configuration and default web browser settings. Using xdg-settings these parameters can be extracted for use by applications that do not use the desktop environment's libraries (which would use the settings natively). xdg-settings is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-settings as root. OPTIONS
--help Show command synopsis. --list List all properties xdg-settings knows about. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. PROPERTIES
When using xdg-settings to get, check or set a destkop setting, properties and possibly sub-properties are used to specify the setting to be changed. Some properties (such as default-web-browser) fully describe the setting to be changed. Other properties (such as default-url-scheme-handler) require more information (in this case the actual scheme to set the default handler for) which must be provided in a sub-property. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. EXAMPLES
Get the desktop file name of the current default web browser xdg-settings get default-web-browser Check whether the default web browser is firefox.desktop, which can be false even if "get default-web-browser" says that is the current value (if only some of the underlying settings actually reflect that value) xdg-settings check default-web-browser firefox.desktop Set the default web browser to google-chrome.desktop xdg-settings set default-web-browser google-chrome.desktop Set the default mailto URL scheme handler to be evolution.desktop xdg-settings set default-url-scheme-handler mailto evolution.desktop AUTHOR
Mike Mammarella Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 [FIXME: source] 08/18/2014 XDG-SETTINGS(1)