Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: netscape 4.5.1
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators netscape 4.5.1 Post 17851 by gillbates on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 05:35:40 PM
Old 03-20-2002
changing user cp fixes the problem

I'm new to this board so I didn't know what the user cp was when it was mentioned above. I pointed the page out to another user that was using 4.7 and she had the same problem. I went into user cp and changed from default to craig's infobeat and the records appeared.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

netscape and linux

i'm trying to install netscape 6.01 on my linux system. I already have netscape 4.76 installed already. When i try to install netscape 6.01 it installs into a different place. So my origanal still works. when i run the script it seems to work. It goes to a part where its deferring registration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam1su2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Netscape question

I need to load Netscape on my UNIX workstation. It is an old Pyramid workstation. I have an Netscape exe zipped file on my NT laptop but I don't have gzip on my workstation to unzip it with. I can ftp the file to the workstation, but I have no way to open it. My question is what utility is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation Netscape

Hi, I need help to install Netscape on AIX Thank's:) Operation System AIX 4.3 I has problem with configure MOZILLA_HOME (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niko
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download Netscape?

Please tell me how can I download the netscape for Sun Solaris ?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jameswong
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Netscape for unix?

How can I find netscape for unix? I could only find for windows. I need netscape for solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Netscape from unix

Hi All.. I have netscape installed communicator 4.75 installed in my unix box. But dont know exactly how to use that as a browser. I tried running it from installed dir. as shown below and got the following error. testu:/opt/netscape >netscape Error: Can't open display:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimate
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant get Netscape to work...

when i try to open Netscape I get this: Xlib: connection to "hpbox:0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not Authorized to connect to server Error: Can't open display: hpbox:0.0 Error Couldn't find per display information *Note: I'm sharing a internet connection with my xp machine. Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Netscape 9 or Firefox 2.0

I have been unable to locate any Netscape 9 or Firefox 2.0 packages for Solaris 8. Does anyone know if they are available anywhere? Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 / netscape 4.76

I have an Ultra 5 machine with Solaris 8 installed as an operating system. To work with other PC's on my home network, I selected DHCP as the network protocol. I want to have Internet access on my Sun machine but have been unsuccessful. I had an old Netscape for Unix disk and installed it. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pb11545
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Netscape question

What command would you use to terminate all running instances of netscape-communicator owned by you on your system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdubya
2 Replies
utmp(5) 							File Formats Manual							   utmp(5)

Name
       utmp, wtmp - login records

Syntax
       #include <utmp.h>

Description
       The  file  records  information	about  who  is currently using the system.  The file is a sequence of entries with the following structure
       declared in the include file:
       struct utmp {
	       char    ut_line[8];	       /* tty name */
	       char    ut_name[8];	       /* user id */
	       char    ut_host[16];	       /* host name, if remote */
	       long    ut_time; 	       /* time on */
       };

This structure gives the name of the special file associated with the user's terminal, the user's login name, and the time of the login	in
       the form of

The  file  records  all	logins and logouts.  A null user name indicates a logout on the associated terminal.  A terminal referenced with a
       tilde (~) indicates that the system was rebooted at the indicated time.	The adjacent pair of entries with terminal names referenced  by  a
       vertical  bar  (|)  or  a right brace (}) indicate the system-maintained time just before and just after a command has changed the system's
       timeframe.

The file is maintained by and Neither of these programs creates the file, so, if it is removed, record-keeping is turned off.  It is summa-
       rized by

Files
See Also
       last(1), lastcomm(1), login(1), who(1), ac(8), init(8)

utmp(5)