Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unzip a zip file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unzip a zip file Post 17763 by LivinFree on Wednesday 20th of March 2002 01:04:55 AM
Old 03-20-2002
I've found some systems don't have the "unzip" command, although many do.

If not, you could see if gzip/gunzip is installed... It should be able to unzip a PKZIP or WinZip file...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to unzip a .zip file when

there is no unzip package present. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to unzip 17GB .zip file on UNIX?

I have a .zip file of size 17GB on Linux. As per my knowledge unzip(before 6.X version) doesn't work with file size greater than 4GB. I tried my best to uncompress it but didn't successed. Can anybody help me out with this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Regards, Chandu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chance04
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip .zip file in unix

Hi friends, I have a .zip file which has 6 pdf files. I have ftp'd the .zip file into unix and I am trying to uncompress/unzip the file. Could you please help with the right command. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract .zip file without using unzip,tar

Hi, Need to extract a file containing multiple .txt files without using tar/unzip as they are not available (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santoshdrkr
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read the data from zip file without unzip?

Hi All, could you please answer the below question. 1)How to read the data from zip file without unzip? this is interview question Regards Priyanka (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)