Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users graphical interface via remote login Post 17751 by guanglei_li on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 10:30:50 PM
Old 03-19-2002
graphical interface via remote login

I use telent or netterm to remotely login onto a linux sever, but I could only use the command-line interface. I want to know how can I use the graphical interface such as KDE or GNOME.

Thanks a lot.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphical Interface

While trying to install mandrake I click graphical install and the screen turns black ... why is it doing this? Here is what is going on ... I downloaded caldera, but i didn't know how to install it so I borrowed mandrake disks from a friend. I installed mandrake but in the middle there was... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: OOnegative
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
1 Replies

3. Linux

How change GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
4 Replies

4. BSD

Graphical interface programming in FreeBSD

Hi ! I have a question... how can I make a program with a graphical interface in C ? I googled a little bit to see how can I do it, but I realised that almost everything (Qt, KDE, etc) is using C++ for graphical programming. Is there any chance to programm a user interface in C ? If it is, please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to build graphical interface using shell scripts and ncurses library ?

Hi, (please don't move this question, as it refers to graphical animation solution, using shell scripts and a number of known graphical objects and using of foreground and background process switch control shell scripts to get objects with refresh/ animation effect). I will provide you with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
0 Replies

6. SCO

Openserver 6 Graphical Login

A customer had some crashes caused by a Raid issue. The Graphical Login has stopped working ie you can enter username and password then the screen clears as if it is about to display the desktop but reverts back to the graphical login again. This has been tried with both the root and other logins.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stuartc999
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

no graphical interface after installation

Hello everyone, After installing Ubuntu 8.10 from DVD the Operating System boots into text mode. How do I get the graphical user environment to load. The DVD includes a live/install that holds Intrepid Ibex (8.10) Thanks in advance for the help, Dirk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
1 Replies

8. Debian

Problem with graphical interface

Hi, i have problems with an installation of Debian i386 505 in a pc. The hardware it is a mother soyo with a chipset via. When i install the xorg, the installation it`s succesfull, but when i type startx, the pc don`t respond. I am from Argentina and my English it isn`t good. Sorry. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kritar
0 Replies

9. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

10. Linux

Not able to login in graphical mode

Hi Guys After installing my CentOS in virtual machine i am not able to get the graphical mode. By default it is going in TUI mode. Please help how to get the graphical mode by default. I am already in init 5..... Thanks...:wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deviltech
1 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA(8) 														   KBUILDSYCOCA(8)

NAME
Description - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca [--nosignal | --incremental | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsyscoca, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .directory, .kim- gio and .protocol files to constructs a binary database. KDE itself accesses this databse during operation to provide configurational information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksyscoca, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Don't signal applications --incremental Incremental Update --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsyscoca FILES
/tmp/kde-$USER/ksyscoca ... ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
ksycoca(3), kblah(4), knogga(6) BUGS
There are no known bugs at the time of writing. 2001-04-25 KBUILDSYCOCA(8)