Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: formatting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers formatting Post 17749 by xeron on Tuesday 19th of March 2002 09:59:34 PM
Old 03-19-2002
ok thanks. you gonna scan it or somethign?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

I've been asking on IRC channels but no one answers me, I need to format my hard drive, normally it's just format c: but c doesn't exist, how do I format when I have linux mandrake installed. Please reply to this quickly, I'm kinda in a rush :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darryll777
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

Hi Again Guys , Please i installed linux RH 6.1 on Toshiba , 10G , RAM=128 , 600 MHZ . After i installed linux i got many error messages , seems it was not installed correctly , also when i finished installation it did not ask me for the 2nd installation CD , and when i logged as root , i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

I have next part of script: for i in $LIST do echo "`date +"%H:%M:%S"` Converting $i ..."; mysql -uroot some -sABe "ALTER TABLE $i ENGINE=$ENGINE"; done I want to get following output formatting: "OK" must be one under another :) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting

I have file with different columns for ex. contents of file "txt" NAME AGE MARKS HARRY 23 89 TOM 12 67 BOB 23 11 and you see its not formatted.Now, I need the file "txt" to be formatted like COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3 NAME AGE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

Is there a way to make a 2 column output out of the following : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Output : 1 2 3 4 5 6 Thanks, Prasanna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting of df -k

Hello, I am developing a platform Independant tool that should work for all major unix flavors outlined in this forum(Solaris,Linux, AIX, HPUX, SCO,BSD) Therefore, in order to cover all types of user community, I have deliberately posted the same message on every forum. Please do not think... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: darsh123
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help formatting

I need to format a txt file and convert it in CSV. Any "future" column is separated by a newline. FROM: XS1 1.43294 0.0 XS2 1.21824 0.0 TO: XS1,XS2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Help

Hi Guys, i have report that runs every 10 min and send the report of failed jobs to my mail. Currently i am using a command like this to send mail. mailx -t -s "FAILURE JOBS IN HYDRA $temp_date" addressee@domain.com < temp_file5 But i am getting mail in this format ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting

Good day All, I have requirement where my input data looks like below ] Message5 Expecting Output as 04/MAR/2104 ||| 23:15:45 ||| servername ||| NOTIFICATION |||message1||||||userId|||||| Message5 I could not use space delimiter as in the messages I would be having them as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting

Hi, I am new to UNIX and need your help in formatting the below input command to the desire output Input: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX XPKTABLE1 ( COL1, COL2 ) ON TABLE_NM; Output: COMMENT ON TABLE DB_NM.TABLE_NM AS 'PK=,COL1,COL2; '; In... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun2327
14 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)