Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix libraries and patch
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix libraries and patch Post 1762 by asutoshch on Thursday 29th of March 2001 07:48:03 AM
Old 03-29-2001
Nice answer. U have written so nicely. Thanks.
Will you tell me some links/ books to read a little more details. and also I want to know about patch.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

2. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Patch Management over mixed unix platforms

Does anyone know of any tools that manage the rollout of patches across multiple types of Unix platform ( eg Solaris, Aix etc ). I am looking for something that does a similiar job to SMS or WSUS in the Windows world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PATH for c libraries

Hello, I met a problem when running a java program. When I did the debugging: srna/ExeFiles/linux$ ldd patman linux-gate.so.1 => (0xf77b5000) libpopt.so.0 => not found libstdc++.so.6 => not found libm.so.6 => /lib32/libm.so.6 (0xf7778000) libgcc_s.so.1 => not found ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check latest patch applied on UNIX server

hi all, i need to check the latest patch applied on my unix server. here is the server info: bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS usa0300uz1226 5.10 Generic_148888-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise please tell which is the command for checking patch? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)